Beginner LootSnob Question

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
bradacc

Beginner LootSnob Question

Post #1 »

Hello all. So I'm using LootSnobV4 along with Virindi Item Tool to loot the Legendary Chests in Arwic and had a quick couple questions. I would like add all workmanship 10 loot to my profile and just wanted to make sure that this and this are the best tutuorials for me to learn from. Or are there better ones out there? Also I see indentation and asterisks being used, but I can't find info on why.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

pretty much the only things out there...

all work 10 stuff is easy though, rule would look like this:

longvaluekey>= Material 0
Longvaluekey== workmanship 10
Immortalbob of MT

Joran Heartseeker

Post #3 »

bradacc wrote:Also I see indentation and asterisks being used, but I can't find info on why.
Organizational purposes.

*****Heading*****
...**Subheading**
....Item
....Item
......Subitem

...**Subheading**
....Item

*****Heading*****

You get the idea.

bradacc

Post #4 »

Ah, ok. Thanks a ton!

bradacc

Post #5 »

So going through the file I'm seeing Multi-Epic underclothes I want to keep. They have both name matches as well as coverage. Wouldn't:
coverage == 104
coverage == 22
take care of all shirts and pants? Why have double checks for names (pants/pantaloons/trousers)(smock/shirt)?

Thanks again for all the help!

Edit: Opps, another question. All of the epics are spelled out, with exemptions for bane/tink. Would it help run better if I just had "epic" under does match(understanding I'll get banes/tinks), or once it's forced to examine the loot (by being a red highlight) does it not matter to the code?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

bradacc wrote:So going through the file I'm seeing Multi-Epic underclothes I want to keep. They have both name matches as well as coverage. Wouldn't:
coverage == 104
coverage == 22
take care of all shirts and pants? Why have double checks for names (pants/pantaloons/trousers)(smock/shirt)?
I think I was just being thorough when i did that, haha
bradacc wrote:Edit: Opps, another question. All of the epics are spelled out, with exemptions for bane/tink. Would it help run better if I just had "epic" under does match(understanding I'll get banes/tinks), or once it's forced to examine the loot (by being a red highlight) does it not matter to the code?
Not really, any red line in a rule will require examination; It still has to be looked at regardless.
Immortalbob of MT

Joran Heartseeker

Post #7 »

Speaking of epics, I have a question of my own. What do you have against epic (or major) summoning, Bob? :lol:

bradacc

Post #8 »

Hopefully final question for awhile. I made my changes and was wondering how do you guys go about safely testing? I can't do it while running because it closes the chest before I can double check. If there isn't a good way and someone want's to browse my file that'd be awesome! Basically I peared down the lootsnob so that if it's part of a desired set with one legendary regardless of armor type it'll loot. If it's any armor it needs 2 legendarys, or 2 epics on any rated set.
Attachments
HV_Legendary.utl
(38.33 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

bradacc

Post #9 »

Definitely have a question now. I looted Velvet Slippers and I don't see why.

Velvet Slippers, Wise Set, AL 289, Wield Lvl 180, Diff 311, Craft 7, [CDR 1]
Major Frost Bane, Hastening, Piercing Bane VI, Inferno's Bane, Brogard's Defiance

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #10 »

Joran Heartseeker wrote:Speaking of epics, I have a question of my own. What do you have against epic (or major) summoning, Bob? :lol:
oversight, i'll have to fix that for the general release...
Immortalbob of MT