V-Tank Looting Everything (with Lootsnob on)

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
kjs86z

V-Tank Looting Everything (with Lootsnob on)

Post #1 »

Hi there,

I did a search of these forums and couldn't find a similar problem. Apologies in advance, I'm at work currently and cannot post screenshots.

I'm not exactly the most computer / programming logic inclined person out there, but I've looked through a lot of Immortalbob's guides both here and on the VT wiki. Its all pretty sensible.

I'm a new (returning from '04) player. I just started running VT a couple of days ago.

I downloaded and placed the lootsnob profile exactly as described here on the site. The only things I adjusted are the following:

- Enabled level 3 Aetheria via toggle
- Enabled some lesser requirements/rules on missile weapons via the toggle.
- Enabled some trophies that were diabled via toggle.
- Added an additional trophy pickup for "Mosswart Armband" ...I cloned an existing trophy rule and just changed the name keyword.
- Enabled some salvage (steel, brass, mahog, green garnet, iron, and granite) via toggle.
- Changed the ust / combiner rules slightly for the above materials. In the combiner section of the lootsnob profile, I changed all of them to exactly 1-8,9,10 (no spacing between as shown).

That's it. I start AC, in the "Profiles" tab in VTank, I can see Lootsnob there. However, when I enable looting, VTank just starts looting every single item off every mob. I have combed through the lootsnob profile and am positive I did not change anything else.

Any tips? Recommendations? When I get home from work tonight, I can either upload my current lootsnob profile for inspection or take some screenshots if anyone has the patience and willingness to help a noobie.

Note: I'm not using any additional pugins like Magtools. All I have installed is the VTank Bundle with 1 nav route (upper section of Dark Design, which works perfectly) and 1 loot profile (lootsnob).

Thanks in advance!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Are you giving it a chance to salvage the loot it is picking up?

Vtank first loots everything that matches a rule, then handles salvaging once all in inventory.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

select an unwanted item it loots, and type "/vt testitem" that will tell you which rule is being triggered incorrectly
Immortalbob of MT

kjs86z

Post #4 »

I don't have the actual hard item data in front of me...but for instance...

Its looting ALL scrolls, it looted a silly Ruby gem with a castable spell on it (I don't have Ruby salvage toggled, and the spell was a single level 7), junk jewelry with a single major cantrip (rule clearly toggled OFF), crappy 400 wield melee weapon that didn't match any of my toggled salvage materials, etc.

I only adjusted / added the aforementioned rules in my original post.

I appreciate both of your willingness to help. I wish I had hard data in front of me right now.

"select an unwanted item it loots, and type "/vt testitem" that will tell you which rule is being triggered incorrectly"
That is great advice, I didn't know about that feature.

When I get home tonight, I'll delete the current loot profile entirely, download a fresh copy, and try it again with absolutely nothing changed and see what happens. If my suspicion proves correct and it acts like it did last night, and I will post screenshots.

If it works correctly, I'll adjust / add rules one by one and self-troubleshoot until I'm banging my head on the keyboard.

Again, thanks so much for the assistance.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

likely its just 1 rule screwing it all up, try /vt testitem first...if you fix the one rule it'll probably fix it all.
Immortalbob of MT

kjs86z

Post #6 »

Very interesting:

[VTank] TestItem: Item "Copper Battle Axe" will be looted and kept (matched rule " (T) Pyreal/Gold/Silver Pea").
[VTank] TestItem: Item "Marble Ornamental Bowl" will be looted and kept (matched rule " (T) Pyreal/Gold/Silver Pea").
[VTank] TestItem: Item "Acid Skeleton Bushi Essence (180)" will be looted and kept (matched rule " (T) Pyreal/Gold/Silver Pea")

So the rule in the loot editor reads like this:

Requirement Type: String Value Match
Acts on: Name
String Value Pattern:
Pyreal Pea|Gold Pea|Silver Pea|Powdered Chorizite Pea|

Exactly stock, never changed this rule. Very interesting indeed! So what's wrong with that? I'd like to loot peas.

Additionally, whilst I have the attention of two certified professionals...whats a quick and easy way to set a rule for anything above 50k value and below say 50 or 100 burden units? (money-maker)

Loot profile seems to be working now, except a couple little glitches in salvage combo rules.

Does the spacing (or lack thereof) between rule sets like "1-8,9,10" vs. 1-8, 9, 10" make a difference?

Joran Heartseeker

Post #7 »

Pyreal Pea|Gold Pea|Silver Pea|Powdered Chorizite Pea|

should be

Pyreal Pea|Gold Pea|Silver Pea|Powdered Chorizite Pea

That last vertical bar shouldn't be there.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #8 »

you had to have changed it, chorizite peas are not in there by default

but yes, what @joran heartseeker said, remove the |

Also, you should find some DI rules in there, they should be exactly what you're looking for in terms of low burden high value items
Immortalbob of MT

Joran Heartseeker

Post #9 »

Immortalbob wrote:chorizite peas are not in there by default
I beg to differ, sir. LootSnobV4 found here (http://www.immortalbob.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3) does, indeed include Powdered Chorizite Peas in that rule (I just re-downloaded it to be sure). It does not, however, include that incorrect vertical bar at the end.

Code: Select all

(T) Pyreal/Gold/Silver Pea

0;1;1
Pyreal Pea|Gold Pea|Silver Pea|Powdered Chorizite Pea

kjs86z

Post #10 »

Found the DI rules too, very cool.

Thank you all for the help. That's exactly what I needed and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. Felt like such a daunting task the less technically inclined.

No idea how I added the extra vertical line...perhaps I was debating adding "copper pea" and deleted it but forgot the line.

One last question...and this isn't exactly a Lootsnob/VT specific question...but you guys are probably the best people to ask:

I have heard that salvaging items and selling the completed bags can be more profitable than say...."Loot all items under 100 burden and over 50k value"

Is there a quick list of all the highest valued salvages out there that I missed on the acwiki? Some people have mentioned the hide materials, diamond, etc...to carry very high value for full/completed bags.

edit: found this on the acwiki, true? "During the Shattered Masks event, the value formula was adjusted to return much lower value for salvaged items. The maximum value of bags was also reduced from 400k to 75k. In most cases, this makes selling loot directly to vendors more profitable, as many items can have a value greater than 75k."

Other than that...I thimk I'm pretty much good to go. Again, I can't say enough how much I appreciate it. Think I'll toss a donation over.

Cheers fellas!
Last edited by kjs86z on August 13th, 2015, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.