Simple Question I Hope

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
DXMage

Post #11 »

Would that allow me to then command say 20 accounts then? I'm setting up some laptops and a few old desktops to each run an account as well as possibly two accounts on some of the better systems. Not that I have the 20 accounts yet but soon.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #12 »

DXMage wrote:Would that allow me to then command say 20 accounts then? I'm setting up some laptops and a few old desktops to each run an account as well as possibly two accounts on some of the better systems. Not that I have the 20 accounts yet but soon.
There's little difference between controlling 2 and 2,000 bots.
Only thing you have to worry about is which chat channel you're going to use.

Any machine you find at this day and age can run multiclient. I run 4-8+ on 4gig dualcore vista machines. If you are obtaining machines that can only handle a single client you're wasting your money on tech from 1992 =p

DXMage

Post #13 »

pptttt they are freebies saved from destruction. More than a few are single core some are 2.2 dual core 2-4gb of ram then my main that has 32gb of ram core i5 clocked to 4.6. But when I run a few clients everything on the clients that aren't the active window really chug as a terrible rate even with everything turned off. I probably have to redo my system to fix it but would rather not have to.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #14 »

Mine are all freebies from destruction as well. I work in e-scrap, breaking down machines to bare bits.

Make sure landscape detail textures are set to Medium or lower on your followers. Above medium are ToD textures which suck more system resources.

You can also try ACPowerSaver to reduce framerate http://ac.ranta.info/DecalDev

DXMage

Post #15 »

Great, I'll try that. Anything so that I don't have to reinstall windows though with 10 coming out soon I might have to do that anyways just to clean up the junk.