Bow/crossbow Mods?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Ragnar

Bow/crossbow Mods?

Post #1 »

I am not finding how to make a rule for only bows of say 137 or better and xbows 163 or better etc on there mods?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Use Calc Buffed Missile Damage

formula is as follows:

(mod/3) + Damage Bonus + Cantrip

a 140 mod 22 damage bonus legendary blood thirst wand would look like:

(140/3) + 22 + 10 = 78.6

This allows you to get bows of an equal damage or better no matter the differences between mod and damage bonus.
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #3 »

This link says:
To get the BuffedMissileDamage of a weapon divide the Damage Modifier by 3, and add the damage bonus, cantrips, and BD8(+2). A max damage bow, with bd8 and epic blood thirst should look like this: (130/3)+16+2+7 = 68.3

http://acpedia.org/wiki/User:Immortalbo ... le_Weapons

So my question is whether or not BD8 adds 2 to the final number, or if we ignore BD in our calculation.
I'm going to make a loot rule for 375 bows with +137, +17 and was trying to figure out if the Calced Buffed Missile Damage should be 62.6 or something different.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

bradacc wrote:So my question is whether or not BD8 adds 2 to the final number, or if we ignore BD in our calculation.
ignore it, since it's castable now. But you can check by setting rules then checking the rule trips with /vt testitem with other bows you might have.
bradacc wrote:I'm going to make a loot rule for 375 bows with +137, +17 and was trying to figure out if the Calced Buffed Missile Damage should be 62.6 or something different.
62.6 is what i get too...
Immortalbob of MT