Perplexing lag problem

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
tohowalk

Post #11 »

I already have those updates installed. I have been trying to find a complete list of what is required for the bundle to run - directx version, .net version, etc., but I have not come up with that list. Also, when AC crashes, it produces this in the details tab of the crash screen:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: acclient.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.11.5694
Problem Signature 03: 5369ec33
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 53a12529
Problem Signature 07: 1d03
Problem Signature 08: 4a
Problem Signature 09: System.Net.Sockets.Socket
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

None of that means anything to me, but perhaps it does to someone else.

Tohowalk

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #12 »

I've been having a similarly weird lag issue caused by integrator as well...I just resolved it though.

Step 1: Download the virindi bundle, extract, and open the intaller, press check libs. if everything is installed move to step 3.

step 2: install missing libraries. (i was missing the visual c++ 2005 x86 redistributable)

step 3: delete the c:\games\virindi plugins\virindiintegrator2 directory

step 4: re-run the virindi installer, and re-install integrator.

^ that's what i did and i can login my accounts again...maybe that helps you too. I'm not sure if it was the missing library, or something corrupted in my install of integrator causing my issue.
Immortalbob of MT

tohowalk

Post #13 »

I gave that a try - no errors on the library check. I reinstalled VI, but nothing changed. I also tried removing the dll from Decal and adding it back. This actually seemed to make a difference for a while, as I was able to log in with several characters and even sign in with a personal account. Unfortunately, the problem started again a short while later - VI disconnects, game freezes, game crashes. Decal says it is running VI version 1.0.1.13.

Is it possible that using specified ports for AC could have an effect on all this? I often log in with AC Multiclient, but not always with more than one account active.

I am also still checking for possible problems with my ISP and connection, but since the game runs fine when VI is disabled, I'm not real hopeful about finding a fix there.

Thanks very much for your continued help and suggestions!

Tohowalk

Lrd_Hawk

Post #14 »

I have been having same basic problems but on my side i am thinking it is more located to a few areas. VI does does not disconnect. most noticeable when i enter a area 3 spots always happen. the Graveyard seams like its trying to load the area and by the time it does my little 6 man group is scattered all over the area. most of the accounts get timed out and disconnected.

when i enter the Society house and i run down the ramp and at the bottom it happens before i get to the main hall. i do not normal get disconnected here. just like really bad lag. the last place i see this a lot is on Dark Isle.

i see a little lag sometimes when they enter a combat mode. but its just a few seconds and every things is ok.

my install all looks ok and up to date. running a newer computer I7 with 12 gigs ram good video card. my only thing i haven't tried is switching my internet back from WiFi to hardwired. Had issues with not beaning able to log in more then 2 accounts over hard-wire. never figured that out and the WiFi seamed to fix it so never really revisited it.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #15 »

That's CPU load.

As you hit the bottom of the ramp in society strongholds it loads all the NPCS and chests, causing a graphics lag spike.

Same for GY, it is dense spawn and lots of small objects and buildings around, so again, graphics lag.

Turn your landscape detail textures to medium or lower to reduce the strain during load.

Lrd_Hawk

Post #16 »

LMAO well i guess that would explain a lot. you buy a new computer to play a 15 year old game and i guess that is what you get. that and maybe 6 clients trying to get all the same info. thanks hells guess i wont waste my time on that problem, ill try turning down settings,

tohowalk

Post #17 »

I've been playing around with the various evaluation copies of Windows 10. I have had NO issues like this while running Win10, but it still exists under Win7. Guess I'll stay with Win10 and have full use of VI again!

Tohowalk