Wand Selection

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Rathanos

Wand Selection

Post #1 »

I need some help figuring out why vtank consistently chooses Shadownether wand to imp/vuln/attack. I have a Life spec mage with void and missile, and for things where I want her to vuln and then either use an appropriate wand/bow to attack, she seems to whip out her Shadownether wand to vuln and then switch to the weapon I've designated for that specific creature(specifically when switching from bow, to a wand for vulning). Normally this wouldnt' be a big deal but this is the one wand in my inventory with the lowest possible melee defense modifier.

I have also noticed that if I don't select a specific void wand for use, it prefers the Shadownether wand unless there is a slayer for that creature to choose from.

Why does it prefer the Shadownether wand over everything else? Is there a way to change this?

To put this in perspective, I'm trying to be the Gauntlet =P

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

According to Virindi, in the latest version of vtank the automatic weapon switching works by "weights"
It should prefer your imbued weapons over slayers...
(unless something has changed i am unaware of in the last 2 weeks)

however this may not apply to vulning...then switching back to your bow for damage...is the shadownether wand higher up than your other wands in the item list? maybe its just choosing the first one for a vuln? I dunno...

@Virindi
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

do you have other void wands added to the items list that have either CS or CB on them? also there is a setting in vtank you might want to disable/enable, SwitchWandsToDebuff.

Rathanos

Post #4 »

TY for suggestions! It was the first on the list for both of my vulners, so I've moved it to the bottom and will test it later to see if that fixes it. Yeah, I had other imbued CS wands with higher elemental dmg than the shadownether. I will also see if switchwandstodebuff affects it all(had thought that might help but haven't done anything with it).

I've also noticed if I don't select a specific wand to do void dmg with, it seemed to prefer the shadownether wand also, so it wasnt' just a vuln thing. either way I'll play with it some more tonight and let you knwo the results

Rathanos

Post #5 »

After some brief testing, it was definitely choosing the shadownether wand to debuff with due to its listing in the items tab. Thanks Bob! This seems to be the case even if "SwitchWandsToDebuff" is true and the weapon dictated for the mob is not a wand.

One thing I am still unable to determine is why, for anything that I don't have a slayer for, it seems to like the shadownether wand the best for doing void dmg, no matter where it's listed in the items. It's not because it has a large defense modifier either because my oak derubloom wand has 30% base and shadownether has 29% base.

Edit: Upon putting my Soul Bound Bow in the items tab, it appears to like that over Shadownether(also over rynthid tentacle bow). Also after adding an actual void wand it seems to like that better too, lol. The "mystery" maybe solved!

Thanks again you two =)