Using Virindi Tank Monster list matching

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Strider

Using Virindi Tank Monster list matching

Post #1 »

What I want to do is attack certain mobs when they are further away then my normal attack range.

Been trying to use range> or range< in Vtanks monster list settings. Nothing I try seems to work. Some things I've tried are
range>10
range<40
range<=40
range>=10
name==Black Coral Golem && range>10
species==Golem && range>10

Ive also tried setting one particular mob at a range> and everything else at a range< but that has no effect either way.

Suggestions? According to the Vtanks monster list matching help page using range> or range< should work, anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

Strider

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

I have noticed that the species name sometimes doesn't work for unique type species of a certain category.
Try using the specific monster name or TypeID and see if that works using your current setup.

Strider

Post #3 »

tried using name and range, no go :cry:

Strider

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Could you post a screenshot of your monster list.
If you have windows 7 you can type "snipping tool" in the search bar.

Strider

Post #5 »

Here it is with just one entry. Cant see all of it. What was entered was..

species==Golem && range>10

Hope this works :)

Strider

Virindi

Post #6 »

Strider wrote:What I want to do is attack certain mobs when they are further away then my normal attack range.
Monsters that are out of range are not even checked against the list. What you want to do is increase the attack range, but then add a rule which causes things you don't want to be attacked to be ignored beyond a certain range.

Strider

Post #7 »

Tried that Virindi, doesn't seem to matter. Set range to 55 and put entries trying both species and name along with range<6. Attacked both whats not in list and the ones in list whenever within 55.

tried species==Mukkir && range<6 and name==Degenerate Mukkir && range<6

Strider

Dmdtt

Post #8 »

try this

range>10&&species==golem
range<10&&species==golem

make sure not to have spaces between any variables or operators

in other words between range>10 and the && do not have any spaces inserted

when handling species that have multiple words in same name use Phyntos_Wasp

also you might want to consider doing this for all species in area you are hunting and then uncheck default A and S
it will make it easier to spot issues as you won't attack creatures that aren't listed in species rules.

also set range to something like 50ish, you can use this strategy to attack things past 10 units away in a different way for example imperil them from far away then start attacking normally when close.

hope this helps.

Strider

Post #9 »

Dmdtt that worked, thankyou very much. I don't want to say how long I been trying to get this working. The examples on the help page shows spaces (at least looks like they do) so I was using them.

Thx again

Strider