What do YOU need explained

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #41 »

Xurr wrote:So a friend and I would like to use Lum heal-kits in the gauntlet and VR but no where else.

Between us there are 16 accounts so switching profiles 1 by 1 is a chore. I know we can use a command in a meta to load 1 common character settings profile but is there a way to get character specific profiles without having 16 different metas?

Is there some better way to accomplish this by say being able to add and subtract consumables based on landblocks? If i could add the lum kits in the lobby of the Gauntlets and at the stone i'd be all set, but i'm not sure that is even possible.

Am i missing some sort of alternative method as well?

Thanks.
you dont need 16 different metas, but you should have various character settings profiles set up for various places, and thats as easy as sending a chat command that executes: /vt settings loadchar settingsname
Immortalbob of MT

Xurr

Post #42 »

So i guess where i got confused then is that doing i thought doing " /vt settings loadchar settingsname" would load the same profile on each toon.

Thanks.

(edit. What i think i was doing was /vt settings load settingsname instead of what you said. which is why it didn't work like i wanted. Thanks again)

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #43 »

Read over the Profiles tab of the Beginner Bundle Guide - http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/B ... ofiles_tab
Knowing the difference between profile types is necessary.

Xurr

Post #44 »

Is it possible to use a landblock== to turn off "let other players give you items"?

I don't think I've seen any commands to change settings in the character settings panel but it would be amazing.

The back story is we've got a guy that drops/loads up people at the arwic chest. I use the wonderful keys meta found on this site but sometimes I forget to turn that option off so having it automatically do it would be amazing.

bradacc

Post #45 »

Xurr wrote:Is it possible to use a landblock== to turn off "let other players give you items"?

I don't think I've seen any commands to change settings in the character settings panel but it would be amazing.

The back story is we've got a guy that drops/loads up people at the arwic chest. I use the wonderful keys meta found on this site but sometimes I forget to turn that option off so having it automatically do it would be amazing.
I'm going to guess you create a keyboard shortcut for "Let Other Players Give You Items", then an "/mt send" command

Xurr

Post #46 »

Wonderful suggestion, thank you.

(edit. that does have the issue of not know what position it is in, but a lot better than the nothing i had before.)

bradacc

Post #47 »

I think you put the mt send as a chat command action in a rule with condition "landcell=="

Xurr

Post #48 »

Because the hotkey is a toggle I won't know for sure which position it is in at any given time. I'll just have to assume i need to hit it when i get to the chests. That shouldn't be an issue tho because i'll have to have it in the other position to load keys onto the mule. If i get disconnected i guess that could be an issue when i get back on tho.

bradacc

Post #49 »

Xurr wrote:Because the hotkey is a toggle I won't know for sure which position it is in at any given time. I'll just have to assume i need to hit it when i get to the chests. That shouldn't be an issue tho because i'll have to have it in the other position to load keys onto the mule. If i get disconnected i guess that could be an issue when i get back on tho.
I understand now. I bet you can do an inventory count, try to give item. Check count again to determine switch status.

Heartless

Post #50 »

Don't know if this can be done but would love to free up the pack space.

In my control meta i have my guys set to cast there primary and secondary portal ties. To tell my guys apart i use tapers of diff colors. I was wondering if i could use expressions to remove the need to have the tapers. If so how would i do this. I still don't understand expressions so if easy fix please forgive me.

Thanks for your time:)