What do YOU need explained

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Vespers

Post #61 »

Let me explain this simply: I'm not a good coder.

When I'm using ChoasControl and someone says Colo or another command it affects the whole group. I even turned off all chat channels and it still affects them. How do you control the group so only one controls them instead of anyone speaking in general chat/allegiance/etc. ? I would rather just control in fellow chat so I don't annoy anyone with my verbiage.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #62 »

Vespers wrote:Let me explain this simply: I'm not a good coder.

When I'm using ChoasControl and someone says Colo or another command it affects the whole group. I even turned off all chat channels and it still affects them. How do you control the group so only one controls them instead of anyone speaking in general chat/allegiance/etc. ? I would rather just control in fellow chat so I don't annoy anyone with my verbiage.
in your chat command box for each of the commands use something like this:

Code: Select all

(^(\[[A-z]+?\] |)You|.*\<Tell:IIDString:.+:(name|name2|name3)\>.+\<\\Tell\>) (say|says|think|tells you), \"!command\"$
replace name/name2/name3 with your characters, and !command with whatever command it is you are replacing.

would look like this

(^(\[[A-z]+?\] |)You|.*\<Tell:IIDString:.+:(Immortalbob|Immortalbob II|Immortalbob III|Immortalbob IV)\>.+\<\\Tell\>) (say|says|think|tells you), \"!buff\"$
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #63 »

ChaosControl uses very basic regex, and it is already filled out for you. All you have to do is enter your character names you wish to be the leaders.

Open the meta tab and you'll see every single rule looks similar

^.*().* (say|says|tells you), \"YourCommandHere\"$
You place your leaders name within the () so it looks like

^.*(Character1).* (say|says|tells you), \"YourCommandHere\"$
If you want multiple chars to be able to issue the commands then separate the names with a vertical bar |, shift + \

^.*(Character1|Character2).* (say|says|tells you), \"YourCommandHere\"$
If you want the character sending the command to also react to it, then place (You) along with the character names.

The help file explains all of this.

Starcrusher

Post #64 »

Trying to get a meta to loadchar with an expression. This works, but makes the toon name in parenthesis like [Char] (Toonname):

\/vt settings loadchar \(+getcharstringprop[1]+\)

My question is how to make that expression loadchar without the parenths, just [Char] Toonname ?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #65 »

Starcrusher wrote:Trying to get a meta to loadchar with an expression. This works, but makes the toon name in parenthesis like [Char] (Toonname):

\/vt settings loadchar \(+getcharstringprop[1]+\)

My question is how to make that expression loadchar without the parenths, just [Char] Toonname ?

Use "Chat Expression" from the dropdown.
No need for all the regex, just escape the first / and that's all

[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: test
[VTank] Meta executing action: ExprChat \/vt settings loadchar +getcharstringprop[1]

\/vt settings loadchar +getcharstringprop[1]

Starcrusher

Post #66 »

That did it. Thanks again HW. I really should study this stuff more closely, but not until I retire. Hopefully that is soon.

bradacc

Post #67 »

Question: Can someone give an example of when/why you'd use the "Never" condition, and how it compares/contrasts to "Not"?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #68 »

bradacc wrote:Question: Can someone give an example of when/why you'd use the "Never" condition, and how it compares/contrasts to "Not"?

You would rarely use the "Never" condition, I don't think I ever have
"NOT" is used to check the inverse of a boolean condition.

For example say you have a rule:

Always - "Landblock==xx" - some action

While in the landblock, the landblock==XX becomes True (1 in boolean) and you perform the action, if you aren't in the landblock then it is False (0) and you don't.

Now, consider:

NOT - "Landblock=xx" - some action

In this case, while inside the landblock the boolean condition is False (0), and when you step out it becomes True (1) and you perform the action.

Dmdtt

Post #69 »

bradacc wrote:Question: Can someone give an example of when/why you'd use the "Never" condition, and how it compares/contrasts to "Not"?
I use never rather often to toggle rules active vs inactive. if you place it in a All rule that has conditions like landblock== or something else you will prevent it from activating. this saves you from having to delete or relocate a condition that you want to disable temporarily.

Kempeck

Post #70 »

Essence Stats?

ie.
Frost Skeleton Bushi Essence (180), Lvl 170, Summoning 530, Craft 9, [DR 8, C 10, CD 14, CR 15, CDR 8]

Frost Skeleton Bushi Essence (180), Lvl 170, Summoning 530, Craft 6, [D 9, DR 17, C 12, CD 11, CR 12, CDR 10]

Which will do more damage? Why? and how do I config my loot profile to NOT pickup the ones that does less damage? Both of these were picked up by my loot profile, and used the same rule to get picked up.

Thanks in advance.
Kempeck Rhal (HW) - MT
Geis Rahl (War) - MT
All of the K'mpeck's & Any of the "Mistake" toons
/cg for Kempeck if you need me