What do YOU need explained

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
HellsWrath
Site Admin

What do YOU need explained

Post #1 »

Is there something that baffles you?
A trick you've seen used but don't understand?

If you feel something needs extra detail and can't be found on the V wiki, please let us know here so we can do our best to get that information to everyone.

Sif al Taak

Post #2 »

Is there a way, maybe together with magtools, to set an army with meta in a kind of formation?

Combination with /mt face [degrees] and /mt jump[w] [20] because straight W A S D is not possible at the moment with magtools for some millisecs

Just an idea ;)

Would also work if you could add relative coords to the route in nav. Its not static, its a formation move controled by maybe !turtle dynamic in fights at none special location in a landblock or cell

yaroz

Post #3 »

ohhh.. pictures.. :)

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

This is something I have attempted before, but haven't yet tried with expressions.
I know a few people that wrote their own navigation plugins and can set up in formation like that. So it is certainly possible within the realm of Decal.Adapter.
With meta, I'm not sure at the moment.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

sadly no meta is not capable of that quite just yet, if we could + or - to coordinate points somehow while using /vt addnavpt then it would be easy but currently it is out of the realm of possibility.

Sif al Taak

Post #6 »

Should I add this feature to magtools? Did it allready for PoC (Proof of Concept). Is working fine. What you think?

Forward for 20 ms, if w is your forward key

Code: Select all

/mt movement w 20 
Backwards for 200 ms, if s is your backward key

/mt movement s 200
Step left for 50 ms , if a is your strafe left key

/mt movement a 50 
Step right for 30 ms, if d is your strafe right key

/mt movement d 30 
In combination with /mt face <arc> we could build formations i think....
Attachments
MagTools_v2.0.9.1.zip
(100.02 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Sif al Taak on March 31st, 2015, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

Interesting, I'll have to play with that and see what it can do.

robbversion1

Post #8 »

Could I get the DPS out/in 1min, 5min, 1h, explained under Status HUD? I know what the dps in and out refer to, but why is it broken down into 3 subsections?

Does the DPS out 5min just mean that your DPS out is xxx across this 5 min period?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #9 »

robbversion1 wrote:Could I get the DPS out/in 1min, 5min, 1h, explained under Status HUD? I know what the dps in and out refer to, but why is it broken down into 3 subsections?

Does the DPS out 5min just mean that your DPS out is xxx across this 5 min period?

Correct, just like "xp per hour" and "xp per hour (5min)". It is just the average for that timespan

Starcrusher

Post #10 »

Trying to use a vcs chat channel to control my toons via a meta instead of using the Fellowship channel. I tried this with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

^\[VI\] \[<Tell:IIDString:0:VI2:tellch:Mychannel>Mychannel<\\Tell>\] <Tell:IIDString:0:VI2:tell:(.*)>(.*)<\\Tell> says, ".*"$