What do YOU need explained

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #11 »

You can't use vi2 for commands. She did this so her server isn't flooded with chat. Vi2 uses a chat system she wrote that is hosted on her home server, it is not IRC.

You can use VCS to detect the Vi2 chat and relay it, but don't over do it.

Starcrusher

Post #12 »

Ok thanks for the info HW.

Kaitro

Post #13 »

Is there a way to detect a locked door through expressions?

Dmdtt

Post #14 »

no but you can detect if a door is open/closed with wobjectgetisdooropen[wobjectfindnearestdoor[]]

Starcrusher

Post #15 »

I'm not really clear on how to implement a "follow" command in the control meta. I know it says to load a "follow route", but it isn't clear to me what that must consist of. Do I really need to make a separate route for the follower and designate it as a "follow" route? I really just want them to target the main toon and use the follow character of vtank.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #16 »

Starcrusher wrote:I'm not really clear on how to implement a "follow" command in the control meta. I know it says to load a "follow route", but it isn't clear to me what that must consist of. Do I really need to make a separate route for the follower and designate it as a "follow" route? I really just want them to target the main toon and use the follow character of vtank.

There should be a help file with ChaosControl, and Dm's instructions are on his thread.

You simply create an empty route named FollowCharname or something. Select the person to follow and hit the FC button on the MiniRemote. BAM you have a follow route.

Now embed it in to the FollowMe rule that contains the route.

At the moment there isn't a way to just "target the main toon" since there's no way to say "this is the leader" without also hard-coding each route so the option is there.

Starcrusher

Post #17 »

I was able to get it working. Thanks again for the help.

Yoggi

Post #18 »

So I'm trying to get the other characters that are following my main character to go through portals on there own. Basically trying to get them to go into the portals the blue flame stautes at VR summon. A lot of times I can't alt tab fast enough to get two toons through. So if anyone can help that would be great. I've not yet made a successful meta. But I've read the guide, still having trouble though.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #19 »

Yoggi wrote:So I'm trying to get the other characters that are following my main character to go through portals on there own. Basically trying to get them to go into the portals the blue flame stautes at VR summon. A lot of times I can't alt tab fast enough to get two toons through. So if anyone can help that would be great. I've not yet made a successful meta. But I've read the guide, still having trouble though.
When a character is following you they will not automatically enter a portal. Especially not portals that must be used and cannot be walked through.

They will follow through sometimes due to lag, but usually your followers go running off in the direction your leader portaled to.

You must issue a command for the followers to react to and issue /mt use closestportal or /mt use portalname

closestportal doesn't work for everything.

There are two multi-char control metas you can use to learn from.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/P ... ar_Control

yaroz

Post #20 »

I don't use the /mt use closestportal, since not all portals are actually portals. What I did was set up a !usethis command where it will issue a new Expression Chat of

Code: Select all

\/f \!usenearest +cstr[wobjectgetobjectclass[wobjectgetselection[]]]
Then I have three rules that act on the /f !usenearest ## (14 - npc, 37 - portal, or 25 - vendor), which will do an Expression Chat of this:

Code: Select all

actiontryuseitem[wobjectfindnearestbyobjectclass[##]] (substitue ## for the actual number)
I think Matron in colo mini's is actually a NPC, and doing a /mt useclosestportal would always send them packing to one of the other minis. This also works on the Tentical Weapons quest.. can't remember the name of the portal though. Until we get substrings, I think this is probably the best way to do it.