Virindi Tank: Resolution / iMac issue?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
zen1605

Virindi Tank: Resolution / iMac issue?

Post #1 »

Hey,

Please see the screenshot below. Any idea why virindi tank is like this? I've never had this issue until this clean install. My first time playing on bootcamp on the retina iMac.

Notice how the text is cut off?

Go Arrow VSS is also messed up in that the "atlas" tab and anything under it shows up totally blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.35 MiB) Viewed 5087 times

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Not sure why your font size is increased.

My first thought was this:
http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... _Changelog
0.3.1.156 (01/06/2015)
Since the main window is now wider than 800 pixels (and it is possible to run the game at 800x600), a horizontal sizing system has been introduced. At 800x600 resolution, the window will make itself narrower and the up/down arrows on the right of the monster panel will not be visible. The width of the window is set at login but you can drag it in or out later if you change the game resolution during play.

However that shouldn't change the size of your fonts.

Did you increase your system font size?
System fonts have an effect on Decal text but only certain portions.
I had to mess with TrueType on windows when I was seeing extremely fuzzy text on HUDS.

If all else fails, you could use the Virindi Views XML Theme Development to edit/create a new VVS Theme with a smaller font size.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... evelopment

There isn't a tutorial but it's fairly straight forward.
The application allows you to reload XML themes in game without relog.

Simply edit the XML theme files in whatever text editor you prefer, save, reload in VVS Theme Viewer

For example, here's WingDings =p

You will notice within the VVS Theme Viewer it has a bunch of text about missing elements. Ignore those when you see them. They are simply pieces that aren't used.

zen1605

Post #3 »

The font size fixed it. As part of the bootcamp installer for the Retina iMac it must make the fonts larger in windows settings by default.

Thanks! You're the man.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Great! Glad it was something simple :D