Loot profile: salvage vs $$$

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Snert

Loot profile: salvage vs $$$

Post #1 »

Hi,

I just returned to AC, and was looking to set up a loot profile.
I took lootsnob as a basis, and read somewhere that salvage bags now can be worth only up to 75k, which can be set-up in the 2nd tab of the loot profile editor.

However, this is not linked to 1 rule, but always to a specific salvage type.
So does that mean that if I take Steel for example, and put it to always only salvage bags up to 75k, that if I also want to salvage steel of work 7+ for actual tinkering, that it will also only combine it in bags of up to 75k, and I will need to manually combine those bags?

Also, is there a way to do it for all salvage types together, instead of manually doing it one by one?

Thanks,

Snert

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Snert wrote:Hi,

I just returned to AC, and was looking to set up a loot profile.
I took lootsnob as a basis, and read somewhere that salvage bags now can be worth only up to 75k, which can be set-up in the 2nd tab of the loot profile editor.

However, this is not linked to 1 rule, but always to a specific salvage type.
So does that mean that if I take Steel for example, and put it to always only salvage bags up to 75k, that if I also want to salvage steel of work 7+ for actual tinkering, that it will also only combine it in bags of up to 75k, and I will need to manually combine those bags?

Also, is there a way to do it for all salvage types together, instead of manually doing it one by one?

Thanks,

Snert
The second tab of the editor is for salvage combination (based on workmanship). You should look at the very bottom of my profile there is a rule called "(Salv) $$$" or something similar. The idea is to loot salvage based on value rather than workmanship. It's at the very bottom of the list so it is the last rule checked. Anything that catches a rule prior to it will override, so you want your work 7+ steel rule above the $$$ rule.

As for combining bags to 75, i don't think vtank has that feature.
Immortalbob of MT

Snert

Post #3 »

Thanks for the reply, Immortalbob.

I had taken the following from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=75

Code: Select all

also need a vtank loot profile to salvage based on $$$ lootsnob has the option built in at the bottom of the profile. make sure to set all the combination values to 75k in the secondary tab of the looter.
so I went to the second tab, Salvage Combination, and thought that might be able to help?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Vtclassic has "Combine Value Up To" on the salvage combination tab, which was able to make 400k bags for a few months prior to the salvage nerf.
V added it when she was "phasing out" Eps' pay-to-use plugins.

It might help out on lower level chars, but once you are max and making bags in just a few items the combine value option doesn't work as well as it used to. Just a few items can far exceed 75k making the combination redundant.

It was mostly for the 400k value bags, if you combined in the correct way you could save a lot of packspace and only sell every couple hours. There was also a huge net gain on value when salvaging an item. This is essentially negated by the 75k cap.

Snert

Post #5 »

So at a higher level it would make more sense to just keep the items to sell?
Or how do you make money at a higher level?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Most 150/200+ quests and killtasks reward MMD's and the cost of items at vendors was drastically reduced.

Salvage will still make you money, regardless of level, just not at the rates we were able to in the past.

The only thing that is a real MMD sink are Armor Reductions, which cost 50mmds (and not done until 180/200+ when you build a suit worthy of reducing to single slot to fit 9 pieces on)

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #7 »

HellsWrath wrote:Vtclassic has "Combine Value Up To" on the salvage combination tab, which was able to make 400k bags for a few months prior to the salvage nerf.
V added it when she was "phasing out" Eps' pay-to-use plugins.
i uh...never noticed that...
Immortalbob of MT

Snert

Post #8 »

HellsWrath wrote:Most 150/200+ quests and killtasks reward MMD's and the cost of items at vendors was drastically reduced.

Salvage will still make you money, regardless of level, just not at the rates we were able to in the past.

The only thing that is a real MMD sink are Armor Reductions, which cost 50mmds (and not done until 180/200+ when you build a suit worthy of reducing to single slot to fit 9 pieces on)
Sweet, I had never heard of that Armor Reduction.

By the way, bit off topic, but do you sometimes still stream, HellsWrath?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #9 »

http://acpedia.org/wiki/Tailoring#Reduc ... ingle-Slot

I do still stream, life has just been hectic lately.

I plan to start again soon, working on a better setup and connection so it's not as blurry.

If private servers ever release I'll be doing specialty streams on that. I want to run every single quest in game, in order of patch, on level appropriate characters.

Snert

Post #10 »

sweet, I am following you on twitch, hope to see you hosting sometime in the future :)

thanks for the help in this topic.