vtank and npcs

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Cleave Age

vtank and npcs

Post #1 »

Hello, Im trying to create a simple route, (not a meta) that will recall /ls, talk to Monroe and re-route back to a dungeon that all my toons are parked in.

I can do all this just fine until I get to monroe, then I stand there for eternity chatting with him until the end of days. I have the route option set to once, and i have even tried to add a pause after talking to the npc but it wont stop talking to him. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT - I was told this cant be done in regular vtank so never mind I guess.

yaroz

Post #2 »

This can be done with vtank... you just have to use a meta. Basically, you have a state that will route to Monroe, then when you hit the landcell, jump over to a new state with an always rule to talk to Monroe.. add a chat rule so if he tells you something or you receive a stipend to load up the other nav (new state) and head back to the dungeon. Also put a 5 second timer in the monroe state so if you don't hear anything back from him, it reloads the state and tries to talk to him again.

Besides the issue that you ran into, the other issue with using a nav route to talk to someone, is that if he/she is busy, then it will just sit there. But, I think that the npc button in the nav route is meant to use the npc and have them portal you somewhere, then it continues on.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

The UseNPC in Vtank works as expected, just not as you would expect =p At least that's what V says, lol.
It keeps repeating in case it lagged, the npc was in a busy state, or you weren't actually "near" the npc when you used it (like when you run up to a door and have to use it 5 times to get it to open)

You are meant to react off of the chat message and continue on your way.
Since you aren't trying to use meta, that won't work for you.

You can do a lot with a navroute, but meta is usually a better answer so you can guarantee that everything happens as expected.

Add chat commands instead of the UseNPC button:
/mt uselp monroe

http://magtools.codeplex.com/documentation#CommandLine