Most amount of clients on one machine?

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Goobernut

Most amount of clients on one machine?

Post #1 »

Hey there ...

I've been doing some experimenting, now that I have a relatively reliable setup for my multi-client escapades ... I found the limit it about 7 clients (I only have 7 accounts so that's my limit regardless :) ) on my current machine: --

Laptop Lenovo Ultrabook - i5 Hasswell - 4th gen I believe, 8 GIG memory, 500 GIG SATA III 6Gb/s SSHD drive, integrated Intel graphic crapola, 100MB internet connection connected to a managed 1 gig switch and cat 6 cabling

Looks like memory is the limitation from what I can observe its sits steady at 87% utilized with 7 Clients, disk spikes when going into new area's, networking spikes every now and then but not for long periods of time, usual through put is 8Kbps send and about 20-30kbps receive and CPU settles at about 60% ...

So with all that I'm thinking if I add 2 more accounts that might tip the balance over, especially in places like Tou Tou or Hosh area ...

What are others experience in this area, do you split your clients up across multiple machines ? I have a nice Stink pad ---eer Thinkpad but try to keep my work machines free of games if at all possible ... so just curious what others do and their setups and experiences

cheers

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Thinkpads are pretty reliable.

This is on a Lenovo T510
i5, 8gb ram.

Make sure you keep your landscape textures at medium or lower. Above medium kicks in ToD textures that suck up more resources.

You should also try ACPowerSaver to limit framerate a bit and reduce the load on the machine.

Goobernut

Post #3 »

Nice :-) What do your resources look like? All are 800x600 except one window which is 1366x768 .... I believe I've got everything set to the lowest, but will check again .. and thanks for the tip on ACpowerSaver .. I had not heard of that before, reducing frame rate will definitely help

Code: Select all

[Render]
FieldOfView=70.00
SceneryDrawDistance=Medium
DisplayAdapter=0
LandscapeDetailTextures=False
ScreenBrightness=0.00
LandscapeTextureDetail=Low
AspectRatio=Normal
TextureFiltering=Bilinear
LandscapeDrawDistance=VeryLow
GraphicsPerformance=-1.00
EnvironmentTextureDetail=Low
AutomaticDegrades=True
DegradeDistance=50.00
MultiPassAlpha=False
BuildingDetailTextures=False

[UI]
ChatFontSize=Small
ChatFontFace=PalatinoLinotype
[Display]
RefreshRate=Auto
Resolution=1366x768 <-- Just for the one client
FullScreen=False
SyncToRefresh=False

Fire_Chimp

Post #4 »

Hellswrath every time I try to use my multi screen on one desktop, they look like it is a still frame of the said acct. I can't seem to get the toons to move when multi desktops at open? I doubt if I made that understandable. Basically all the desktops are open but none of them are anything other then a frozen screenshot. What am I missing?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

if you want to see them moving on the win+tab view, they cant be minimized already. They have to be active windows.
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Immortalbob wrote:if you want to see them moving on the win+tab view, they cant be minimized already. They have to be active windows.
^ this
minimized windows don't render

Goobernut

Post #7 »

Hey guys,

Installed AcPowerSaver and now have 8 clients running and the memory usage is at 66% utilized and CPU sitting around 60% ... which is better then when I had 7 clients running ...

Last night all clients crashed ... crash logs indicate net socket got overloaded, but have found that a memory leak is usually to blame. Have to come to expect clients to crash every now and then with AC :-)

Thanks for the tips

cheers