Mag-Filter alcmq command when using numbers and periods

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Nosthula

Mag-Filter alcmq command when using numbers and periods

Post #1 »

I am using the following command to attempt to load a file after login:

/mf alcmq add /loadfile LoadMatron90Sell.txt

When the character logs in I get the following error:
Cannot open file loadmatron sell txt

Anyone know of a solution for it not including these characters?

bradacc

Post #2 »

I don't have a file extension in my callout.

Nosthula

Post #3 »

The loadfile command works fine when not used with mag-filter. Mag-filter is stripping the period and the numbers from the call. I tried escaping those characters and it didn't like it either. I'm fine with getting rid of the extensions but that doesn't solve the number issue.

Nosthula

Post #4 »

Looking at the mag-filter code it looks like it passes the en queued message through a for loop for each character in the message and converts any character that are not alpha, space or / to a space prior to sending the message. Oh well. so basically you have to use files with no extension and only lower case alpha characters.

yaroz

Post #5 »

You can have a state in your meta to load the file with successful login... just add the /vt start, then another for /vt setmetastate <state>, then have that state load the file or the nav or whatever, then go back to the default state.

Thwargle

Post #6 »

My coworker and I have been actively working on Mag-Filter (as you may know, the Thwarg-Launcher now depends on it); and i don't see what Nosthula is talking about.

In the SendMsg() function of PostMessageTools.cs it just loops through each character in the file and sends it as far as I can tell.

We have been working on message communications between accounts using the client UI (chat box), Thwarg-Launcher, and MagFilter. We'll take a look at this in the next week or two and try to see what's actually happening here so we can use files to load grouped commands across teamed accounts (see new functionality in the magfilter 3.2.2.0 we just released).

- Thwargle

EDIT - Note: I have the most recent source code for MagFilter in my source tree under http://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com

InnerSpyre

Post #7 »

I recently experienced this issue using MagFilter 2.0.2.

I'm trying to set a variable for the next account I have log in, and the []'s and numbers get stripped.

So when MF executes the chat command in the queue, instead of getting: /vt mexec setvar[myVar, 3]

I get: /vt mexec setvar myvar <-assuming extra spaces at end>

I will download and install Thwargle launcher to see if this issue goes away with the updated MagFilter. :)

~InnerSpyre

bradacc

Post #8 »

Maybe try
/vt mexec setvar[StateName, NormalLettersHere+cstr[3]]

InnerSpyre

Post #9 »

I installed Thwargle Launcher, updated Mag-Filter in Decal to 3.2.4.0, and tested again; same result.

Somewhere between adding the /vt mexec command to the queue with /mf lmq add, and MF running the command on the next login, the []'s and numbers are being stripped.

I tried bradacc's suggestion, but it didn't make a difference, as the []'s and number were stripped (the command run was /vt mexec setvar myvar cstr).

Would formatting the command with regex work? I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to start with regex, the documentation and examples hurt my brain, and I've yet needed to use it for my own metas. I tried just escaping the []'s and number with \, but that resulted in nothing happening at all on my next login.

I would love to get this working, I spent most of the day working on a meta that requires it...lol.

Cheers!

~InnerSpyre

InnerSpyre

Post #10 »

Failing the ability to set variables with Mag-Filter, I think I can accomplish my goal with yaroz suggestion; thank you yaroz!

~InnerSpyre