Mag-Filter alcmq command when using numbers and periods

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
yaroz

Post #11 »

I was like "huh".. then I kind of re-read it. :) Glad I could be of assistance (I think).

InnerSpyre

Post #12 »

Sorry Yaroz - it didn't work. =\

I received the following message when I tried to have Mag-Filter set the meta state to one that would set my variable:

[VTank] Warning: Attempted to set an unused state. Setting to default instead.

I'll try to trick VTank into thinking the state is used at the end of my meta, but it's a total hack. It would be cleaner if MF wouldn't strip []'s and numbers, or if VTank would allow setting the meta state to what ever you want. It's not VTank's fault if you don't know the meta state your telling it to go into...;)

Thank you for the idea all the same!

~InnerSpyre

InnerSpyre

Post #13 »

That didn't work either. I switch to the state that sets a variable before I log off, but I still get the following error when my next character logs in.

Am I misunderstanding what this error means? Should I set the meta state before enabling it?

I'm afraid I'm at a total loss now...

~InnerSpyre

yaroz

Post #14 »

In your new state, you have to add a couple chat commands...

/vt meta load nameofyourmeta
/vt setmetastate nameofstate

It has to be in the same rule, as VT will process them together.. it will first change to the new meta, then change to the meta state. Of course, I'm just going by memory, and haven't implimented this in over a year.. :)

InnerSpyre

Post #15 »

I finally got a chance to look at this again (busy weekend), and I'm afraid I'm more confused now.

Originally, you suggested adding a command via Mag-Filter in order to set the meta to a specified state. All in all, this would look like this:

/mf lmq add /vt meta load <meta name>
/mf lmq add /vt setmetastate <state name>
/mf lmq add /vt opt set enablemeta true

When I do this, I get the error I mentioned earlier when the next character logs in (though, in my attempt, setmetastate and enablemeta are swapped in order).

Your reply suggests that I'm loading the meta over again (loading the meta from within the meta), from the state I set with the /mf command, and then setting the state to the desired state in the meta.

So per your reply, I would still do the above, but in the new state I call from the commands above, I would have the following chat commands for one of the rules of that state (I would only have one rule for this state anyway):

/vt meta load <meta name>
/vt setmetastate <state name>

If that's what you're saying, kewl, I'll work with it, I just want to make sure, because that sounds hokey to me...lol.

Thanks!

~InnerSpyre

InnerSpyre

Post #16 »

I tried it anyway, and that didn't work either. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in my new state, I get this error:

My new state consisted of one rule, with the following commands:

ExprAct setvar[myVar, 1]
Chat Command: /vt meta load <meta name>
Chat Command: /vt setmetastate Default

I'm going to go all out hokey, and create new metas to set a variable for me when I log in, and have them call the meta I actually want, after they set the variable.

Thanks for the help thus far!

~InnerSpyre

InnerSpyre

Post #17 »

Creating metas that set my variable, and then load the meta I want works. It's really hokey, but it works.

Sadly, because my variable has a range of 4, I had to create 4 different metas to set a variable at login, in order for the primary meta to do things based on that variable.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

~InnerSpyre