Sellvage memory error. Solutions?

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
bradacc

Sellvage memory error. Solutions?

Post #1 »

Code: Select all

[Sellvage] Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
It's happened a few times now in the past couple days. Any thoughts on how to prevent it, or work around it? It has come back after closing client, and doesn't happen right away. I'm running 2 clients, but the 2nd char never even opens a vendor.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

You need to do a relog before each sale to prevent it from spitting errors. It usually happens on the second sale.

Mag-Filter commands - http://magtools.codeplex.com/releases/view/109010

bradacc

Post #3 »

I haven't tried character logging yet, would it be something along the lines of:
1) recall to vendor
2) /mf lnc set [charactername]
3) /mt logout
4) OnLoginComplete having /vt meta load and /vt start commands
5) In default meta state having /vt settings load, /vt loot load, /vt setmetastate

Seem about right? And if so, how do you prevent the meta from running every time the character logs in, as opposed to only when you've manually started the cycle? Maybe just a timer in default state that is long enough to cancel out before it goes full auto?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Yep, but don't use Mag-Tools OnLoginComplete, use Mag-Filter Login Message Queue OnLoginComplete /mf lmq

That way it only sends the OnLoginComplete commands if called as part of the relog sequence.

bradacc

Post #5 »

Some findings thus far ->
I added in code per HW's suggestions to have Mag-Tools relog before each sale, but ran into problems with being disconnected from the client fairly often. The next step was to change the code to only relog if I was stuck in the sell state for more than 4 minutes (indicating /sv sell was crashed out). Again Sellvage would work once, then crash out, and on attempted relog I would get disconnected from client. While trying to debug it and talking in /vic vigeneral I noticed that it wasn't trying to relog if I went to the vendor with just a couple bags of salvage so I decided to switch to my full state when Packslots <= 24, instead of the 10 I originally had set. Another thought I had was that while debugging I always had the client in focus, as opposed to minimized which is how I would normally let it run.
So 7 hours ago I fired it up, left the client as focus, and just came back to a running meta, with no relogs, and 8 perfect sells. Unless someone else can give a solid explanation this is the list of things I changed, and what I'll slowly change back to determine exactly what is causing /sv sell to crash, and mag-tools to get me disconnected from client on relog;

Packslots <= 24 instead of 10
Client in focus entire time instead of minimized
AVG Scheduled scan running Tuesday morning during during server reboots
AVG Update Schedule turned off

My vote is AVG trying to auto update.

bradacc

Post #6 »

While at work I left it running minimized "The connection to the server has been lost" :(
Going to see if I can recreate it.

Nosthula

Post #7 »

Is there a way to have your meta rejoin a fellowship after relogging and selling with sellvage? I'm running multiple characters in a fellowship with a meta and would love to solve the sellvage issue while maintaining my fellowship.

bradacc

Post #8 »

I'm using Mag-Filter commands.
/mf lnc set High-Voltage's Mule
/mf alcmq add /loadfile LoadMountainCitadel

My loadfile (found in main Asheron's Call directory) consists of;
/vt meta load MountainCitadel
/vt settings loadchar MountainCitadel
/vt loot load LootSnobSelling.utl
/mt fellow create X
/vt setmetastate Sell
/vt start

If you have multiple people in the same fellowship I imagine you'd have to capture the message for who the new leader is, and then have them issue the command to recruit the dropped char on relog.

Nosthula

Post #9 »

Thanks for the information, that should help. What is the loadfile you are speaking of? I am not familiar with that. Do you have a link to its documentation?

bradacc

Post #10 »

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/ ... le-benefit

Just a txt file in your ac directory. Mine doesn't have a file extension, but you can open with notepad to create/edit.