Installing on Win10

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
DXMage

Installing on Win10

Post #1 »

What is the best way to install decal, vtank, multi-client, mag-tools and castaway in windows 10? I have in the past had issues making mag-tools run correctly with more than one client running. Would it be best to have everything running correctly first in say c:\turbine\ac-01 have decal installed on c:\turbine\decal and have vtank in c:\turbine\vtank? Or is there another way?

I hate to be asking for it here but I haven't found a detail guide that shows all five. Of course if there is please link it here if you don't mind.

Also if there are other plug-ins that are considered must have would be appreciated.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

i didn't have too many issues getting decal and the AC client to work on Win10.

Decal can be loaded into the default location.

AC should be loaded into a non-protected directory, I use c:\AC, but any custom directory can work.

I would suggest using Thwargle's Launcher: http://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com/
(be sure to read the documentation page)

Let vtank install to it's default location (C:\Games\Virindi Plugins)
I prefer to let most plugins install into another non-protected folder such as c:\games\decal plugins.

I hope this helps...
Immortalbob of MT

DXMage

Post #3 »

OK, I hope so as I hope to have mag tools work in multiple instances. Thanks for the reply.