Req: TouTou flag advice/meta :)

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
yaroz

Req: TouTou flag advice/meta :)

Post #1 »

So, I'm trying to get a meta going for Tou Tou tasks. I have it run up to the first guy (Royal Guard) and use him, on chat Royal Guard tells you, it uses the next guy (Umbral Guard). On chat Umbral Guard tells you, it navs over in between the next two and uses the Umbral guard, then the Royal Guard.. but after that, it's hit and miss. I nav next to the next Royal Guard (there's three in a row), wait 10 seconds, and /mt use Royal Guard.. I get about 50% success rate.. sometimes it uses him and sometimes it uses the previous one. Either way, it gets the Royal Guard tells you, and moves on to the next one, and that one works.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Use specific npc text to move between them.
Set Follow/Nav Min very low during task pickup, to get as close to each npc as possible
Try /mt use closestnpc

If it is still wanting to use a diff npc, you may have to try setting a hotkey for Select Closest NPC and then use /mt send thatHotkey and /mt send R

yaroz

Post #3 »

I was going to do the specific text tomorrow to move between them.... and I'll try the settings.

Rathanos

Post #4 »

I have built one that seems to work as far as gathering the quests. When you use the /mt commands it will use the closest object that matches the name you've provided, so if you're including a nav, you'll want to make sure it sticks you like directly on top of the one you want him to use. Something that might help with this is lowering the minimum nav distance(NavCloseStopRange) so that your character will follow the route more closely. Another option, is you can put the usage of the NPC directly in to the nav, that way he will only use that npc and not any other matching ones. Let me know if these suggestions help!

Megaman

Post #5 »

Yaroz,

Maybe I can assist you with my working meta for 8 accounts to do Tou-Tou tasks. Sending you a PM w/meta. I would post on this thread, but not sure it complies with meta posting guidelines. Anyways, Reverse engineer it for your own personal knowledge of how I made it work. Anyone who wishes to use it just PM me. just edit the Fight state w/your own special item for the leader to carry and change the followers nav profile to follow your leader (also under the Fight state).

My only setback here is how to get my guys to stop fighting and turn-in when all fellows have all kills needed to complete the task. If anyone knows how to accomplish this, I'm all ears. I had it to check for ^green kill count text for each fellow and after the "All" was satisfied, do a say in /f "Done". Then another "All" would eventually be satisfied by the leader when all fellows said Done triggering the /f !turnin.... BUT if someone dies, states reset, which renders this method inop. So as of now the meta just heads to turn-in at 3600 seconds. (An hour is a long time, but its to account for multi-fellows in the area.) Additionally, you can do a /f !turnin if you physically see you have all kills completed.

I'm wondering if return to state may have the fix i'm looking for.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

You can't react on multiple "All" chat messages in that way, it simply won't work. You would need to receive every single chat message at the same exact millisecond.
That's something myself and Dm struggled with for months and were never able to really flesh out.

Megaman

Post #7 »

Ahh! Glad to see I'm not just inept in my meta skills. haha