Call Meta State and Return From Call

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
yaroz

Call Meta State and Return From Call

Post #1 »

I wanted to share my experience with the Call Meta State and Return From Call parts of VTank, since it took me a few to figure out what I wanted to do. I'll try to explain using the part of my meta I did today.

Here's the scenario.. I ran Rynthid Recall with the group of characters that I play on a daily basis.. most made it through, some did not. I already had several states that I use to use the dangerous portal, then one that runs from the drop to the camp, then one to flag my guys. That was fine for when I had nine guys without recall. I'd start the nav to get them all to the drop, brew a pot of coffee, and have a cup.. maybe they were all there by then, maybe not. Once they all arrived, I issued the command for my fellowship to run up to the camp, then once they were there, I issued the command for them to flag. Now that six of my guys had recall, I could cut my time drastically.. however I had to figure out what the best way to do this was...

RecallRythCamp

Code: Select all

Landcell==3043001C  -- Set Meta State:Default2
Always -- All{Chat:/vt opt set EnableNav False, Chat:/vt opt set EnableCombat False, Embedded Route: (single point of Rynthid Recall), Chat: /vt opt set EnableNav True}
Chat: "You say, \"Shurov Sith\" -- Set Meta State:Default2
Seconds in state >= 20 -- Call: Nav - DangerousPortalPlains, return to:Nav - PlainsToRynthCamp
So what that does is sets the state to default if you're already at the recall drop (mental note: I should change that to the landblock.. ), loads up the nav that has the Recall spell in it, and enables nav, then if it casts it, returns to default. If it can't cast it (no comps or doesn't have the spell), it loads up the "Nav - DangerousPortalPlains" state, then after you land at the drop, it returns to the "Nav - PlainsToRynthCamp" state.

Nav - DangerousPortalPlains

Always -- All{Chat:/vt opt set EnableNav False, Embedded Route: (the plains portal route from Bob's nav meta), /vt opt set EnableNav True}
Landcell == 2F2F0038 -- All{Return from Call, Call: Nav - Clear; return to: Default2}
This one just loads up the portal route from bob's nav meta and runs it over and over again until it gets to the plains drop. Once it gets there, if it was called (such as it is from my RecallRynthCamp state), it will return to the appropriate state (i.e. "Nav - PlainsToRynthCamp". If it wasn't called, it calls "Nav - Clear", which just clears the nav and sets the EnableNav to false, and switches to Default2... this is useful if you just want to go to the drop for Aerabax for example.

Nav - PlainsToRynthCamp

Landcell == 2F2F0038 -- All{Chat:/vt opt set EnableNav False, Chat:/vt opt set EnableCombat False, Embedded Route: (nav to camp), Chat:/vt opt set EnableNav True}
Navroute Empty -- Set Meta State Default2

So now.. here's how it works..

/f !command to activate
those that have the recall will recall and go back to Default2
those that don't will load up the circular nav route for the dangerous portal and keep recalling and using it until they hit the plains drop
Once they hit the plains drop, it returns the state from the dangerous plains one to the one that runs them up to the camp.

Another instance I can think of is for chaining together a group of states.. for instance running to Hoshino's tent..

check for landcells.. if your character is in the cell for the beach drop, just nav to the tent, if he's at the stonehold drop, nav to beach portal, if he's anywhere else, run him through the town network to stonehold.. then to beach, then to tent.

yaroz

Post #2 »

Ok.. re-reading the end of that... the call and return is good for using a state for more than one purpose. For example, if you have a state that runs to Zaikhal, you can have a state for Nexus Crawl, and one for Uncovering the Renegades. You can call the Zaikhal Route state with returns to each of them, based of the !command.