Portal back and run to location after death?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
ioconnor

Portal back and run to location after death?

Post #1 »

I was looking at the example at http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... eta_System and it made sense so I coded it up.

However I soon noticed it did not handle death on the run back or lag ideally. Monsters killing the toon during the runback in the dead state is not handled. Nor is lag which could cause the enablenav to fail totally.

I see some meta's use what I think is a combination of three rules to combat lag:
1) Seconds in state >= 1
2) All: (Portalspace Exited, NOT Landblock == xxxxxxxx)
3) All: (Landblock == yyyyyyyy, Seconds in state >= 3)
What is the proper way of detecting if the toon is out of portal space and in the right/wrong area? I'm thinking there are some universal snippets to handle this.

Also does anybody want to "robustify" the above script so it handles all the error cases?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Adding death functionality for every state is quite easy

Your dead state should begin with turning on all necessary /vt opts and loading a recall navroute to return to your location. Upon arrival it switches back to your hunting or default state or however you have it built.

This can all be done in 2 rules if you use an All: rule for the options/nav load
Dead state -- Always -- All:
[chat command: /vt opt set enablenav true]
[chat command: /vt opt set enablebuffing true]
[load embedded navroute: ReturnToHunt.nav]

Dead state -- Landcell==?? -- Set Meta State: Back
Then have your back state turn on combat/looting and load your navroute etc etc etc

Once you have the dead state built all you need to do is add a a single rule to every state where death is a possibility:
Character Death -- Always -- Set Meta State: Dead

Handling route changes/portaling I normally just use a Landcell detect. Lag hasn't been a huge issue but you can definitely add more protection.