How would you find which random corpse had the key?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
bradacc

How would you find which random corpse had the key?

Post #1 »

"When you reach Janthef, talk to him, and he will summon a group of Ensorcelled Weapons. Kill them and loot the key and use it to open the locked door ahead."

I don't want to add the key to loot profile so I'm trying to figure out how to cycle through all potential corpses looking for the key. My loot state currently consists of setting variables then \/mt useL +getvar[Corpse] and \/mt loot +getvar[Loot]. It works great on the rest of my metas (Falatacot Depot, Rescuing Mouf P, etc), but for this one I think I need something different.

Problem will be if my main is closer to an Ensorcelled Weapon without the key he will just keep opening and closing the corpse. Right now I'm thinking break the room up into quadrants and run to each one and initiate the loot cycle. If I grab something bail out, if not go to next quadrant. Thoughts? Could I blacklist a corpse somehow?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

creature type id could figure out which creature it is, as for the corpse, dunno
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #3 »

Do you mean you are thinking the Ensorcelled Weapon with the key will have a different typeid than the rest of the Ensorcelled Weapons in the spawn?

Dmdtt

Post #4 »

it does, all special mobs have different type ids, for example in Rynthid Assessment the grievvers/drudges/wasps that cause the wall to vanish allowing you to continue all will have a special typeid.

you can easily find typeid of selected monster with /vt testmonster

works best when there are only 1 or 2 rules in your current profiles monster list.