Item Count

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
InnerSpyre

Item Count

Post #1 »

There's obviously an algorithm that counts items, but I haven't found anything that says how to get that number.

More info:

I'm collecting upper eater jaws for newbs, and rather than wait for a respawn and a green message telling me I've completed the quest already, I want to set a variable for how many I have in my inventory when I start, and then, when I have more than that variable, move on to the next part of the meta.

I've confirmed that Item "<name>" >= <number> counts quest items, I just need a way to set a variable for how many I have at start.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

~InnerSpyre

yaroz

Post #2 »

Nope.. wish there was..

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

have a starting threshold if item count Questitem <= 9 for instance then trigger it to start otherwise have it advance then in the state where you acquire that quest item if item count QuestItem >= 10 then trigger to move on.

bradacc

Post #4 »

A bunch of conditions;
Condition1 - Inventory Item Count >=1 and an all action of set variable to 1, set meta state to Condition2
Condition2 - Inventory Item Count >=2 and an all action of set variable to 2, set meta state to Condition3
Condition3 - Inventory Item Count >=3 and an all action of set variable to 3, set meta state to Condition3

Each condition has an escape after a second which would lock the variable and send it wherever you need to go with the variable of how many you have.

InnerSpyre

Post #5 »

Well...damn...

Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to ponder on this...

~InnerSpyre

yaroz

Post #6 »

The count conditions is good, if you just want to track one item, and you're not a hoarder. :) I would love to have a function that gets the initial count of an item (any item), then if it increases, to stop trying to loot that item (magtools request?). As it is, I look for the green message, and turn looting off when I receive it. However my guys glitch out about 90% of the time and keep trying to loot it and lock the corpse. I usually just do my quest item looting manually.

InnerSpyre

Post #7 »

I got this working. :)

I got all of my meta working actually.

I would like to post it for critiquing - should I do that in the support forum? It's no where near useful enough for the release forum imo.

~InnerSpyre