Best setup for outdoor group with different buff times ?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
ozshadow

Best setup for outdoor group with different buff times ?

Post #1 »

What would be the easiest way for a group to run a nav route, stay together, and buff at the same time, especially if they have different Lev 8 spell lengths?

I thought about putting a nav route on the leader and setting the others to follow. The complicating factor is how to not lose characters when they stop to buff. I need ideas for the simplest way to coordinate this.

Thank you in advance.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

NavPriorityBoost = True on followers

RebuffWhenIdle = True on all.

^^ Will cause them to stay together even when rebuffing (they'll route to you, finish killing mobs, then cast a spell or two)

Or if you want them to always buff together, have the leader react to NEED TO BUFF meta trigger and issue a chat command to the followers that will cause them to issue the /vt forcebuff command.

Use the ChaosControl or IBControl metas as reference.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

you also could setup a stopwatch in your control meta to forcebuff at a time that would be less than the lowest buff length. so if your lowest is 90 mins, set it for like 85 mins, and they all stop and rebuff at that time.

side note:
I would restart the stopwatch upon the forcebuff. that way you could sync them up with an initial !buff command. and every time after they should be synced since the forcebuff state is being called.
Immortalbob of MT

ozshadow

Post #4 »

I seem to recall NavPriorityBoost not having priority over buffing. I need to re-test this, just to see if it was a fluke, but perhaps the idle buffing will minimize it and the chance of a straggler.

My initial thought was the stopwatch. I'm not sure as to the exact location, but I was thinking of it triggering a recall, resetting the timer, force buff (plus extra time for a slow buffer) and return nav route for the leader. Some areas could just trigger a force buff where ever the group is.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

in addition to what hw said above id suggest setting followers RebuffWhenIdleTime to around 20 minutes and the leaders rebuff idle time to 10 minutes. also as long as they are rebuffing when idle is true and rebuff idle time is greater than rebufftimeremainingseconds then they will obey NavPriorityBoost=true