How does IBControl KillTask NPC selection work?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
bradacc

How does IBControl KillTask NPC selection work?

Post #1 »

So I tried to set up a meta to talk to the TouTou KT's and even though I tried to move next to the one I wanted to talk to they still didn't behave. Figured I'd check IBControl because I read that KT's are already setup. Dug through the code and all it consists of is:
Portal: Royal Guard
Portal: Umbral Guard
Portal: Umbral Guard
Portal: Royal Guard
etc

How the heck is it not tripping over itself? I am guessing it has something to do with treating them like portals, but I have no idea. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Each NPC is its own circular route. When the chat message from the NPC comes in, it triggers the next route.
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #3 »

I mean as far as KillTaskTouTou starts out with an Always circular route "Portal: Royal Guard". How does it not accidentally select the shadowy pillar guard and exit out to the SetAttackDistance35 meta state? Or the 3rd line is when you talk to an Umbral Guard it triggers another Royal Guard circular route. How does it not go back to the first guard and end up getting stuck because his condition has already been triggered?

Another example, the first royal triggers a umbral route. First umbral triggers another umbral route. How come that route doesn't just spam the current umbral?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

That's an internal vtank thing probably. i'm not sure. just create the routes with vtank's route editor...and it'll work
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #5 »

I just tried to move my guy around in between chat messages and he still picked the right npc. So it appears "Add NPC Talk" can't tell the difference between 2 different guys with the same name, but "Add Portal/NPC" can. Unless I'm wrong I'll consider it figured out :)
Last edited by bradacc on May 25th, 2016, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bradacc

Post #6 »

Immortalbob wrote:That's an internal vtank thing probably. i'm not sure. just create the routes with vtank's route editor...and it'll work
That's what I originally did, but I used "Add NPC Talk" instead of "Add Portal/NPC". That must have been my first mistake.