Call meta from anywhere using VChat

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
bradacc

Call meta from anywhere using VChat

Post #1 »

So months ago I was having a discussion in vigeneral about how to get from external metas back into Chaos_Command and someone (forget who, sorry!) mentioned they used VChat to capture the /f chat command and then I believe react with a loadfile that had the appropriate /vt meta load lines. Unfortunately now that I'm ready to try it I lost the screenshots I took of the specifics. :(
Anyone know how this would be done? I'm thinking something using Chatbox Do?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

You don't *need* /loadfile commands for anything other than controlling multiple fellowships from 1 character, and there are other ways of doing that (relay messages)

The loadfile command is not done in meta, it is all done in Virindi Chat System where you set a string to react to, and the action is set to issue /loadfile filename to chat, which contains the /vt meta load rules.

From what you're saying it sounds like you're just trying to go from 1 meta to another. You don't need /loadfile commands for that.

All{/vt meta load metaname, /vt setmetastate statename}

or just /vt meta load, since you are going in to ChaosControl which sits in default.

If you want different characters to load different metas but react off a single command just have it react off the character names or set a variable as well. If they receive the command AND their name == whatever, then load this meta.

bradacc

Post #3 »

The idea behind it is that no matter what state, or what meta your bots are in, you can get all of your bots back to Chaos_Command. For example if you are running colo meta, and you need to bail everyone out, you'd have to have commands buried inside every state looking for your chat. This way none of it matters.

Edit: Basically it gives you an emergency exit under any circumstance.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

bradacc wrote:The idea behind it is that no matter what state, or what meta your bots are in, you can get all of your bots back to Chaos_Command. For example if you are running colo meta, and you need to bail everyone out, you'd have to have commands buried inside every state looking for your chat. This way none of it matters.

Edit: Basically it gives you an emergency exit under any circumstance.

You'll have to create a pattern in Virindi Chat System and set the action to /loadfile filename

I suggest creating a meta that links to everything else, so you don't have to make 20 different VCS rules and loadfile docs.
Load that top level meta with the loadfile command and then issue the meta commands to get to where you need to be.

bradacc

Post #5 »

HellsWrath wrote: You'll have to create a pattern in Virindi Chat System and set the action to /loadfile filename

I suggest creating a meta that links to everything else, so you don't have to make 20 different VCS rules and loadfile docs.
Load that top level meta with the loadfile command and then issue the meta commands to get to where you need to be.
That sounds like exactly what I am going to attempt. Top level meta is Chaos_Command, which I have been adding '/vt meta load' calls into as I create more metas. Usually I have been adding chat rules into default state of any new metas that get me back to Chaos, but this way seems more portable.

Tacit_MT

Post #6 »

check your PM's

Nosthula

Post #7 »

Thanks for this, I am in the exact same situation except using IBControl as my master meta insted of ChaosControl. I hate having my meta load commands in every possible state in my hunting metas. I'll look into using the Vchat. Let me know if someone comes up with a different solution. Controlling 9 characters gets very tricky at times.

Nosthula

Post #8 »

I'm trying to set this up and I'm missing something or being dumb, probably both. I have set my pattern to:
^.*(You|Nosthula).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!ibc2\"$
As action:1, with Regex Checked.
Then I set the actions tab for action: 1 to ChatBox /loadfile LoadIBControlSC.txt.

Nothing is happening and the coloring isn't changing so I'm asuming I am being bad at regex. Any idea what i'm missing.

Edit: Fixed it, the only issue I had was setting the Window value to the fellowship window instead of my main window of 1.