How to use any 1 NPC until they respond/give you something

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Tacit_MT

How to use any 1 NPC until they respond/give you something

Post #1 »

Most of the Control metas have the ability to use the closest NPC. But when you have an army attempt to use a single NPC often some will use the NPC, others just fail or timeout because the NPC is already busy with other characters.

To get around this, create a new command to use any 1 single NPC until you get a responce. I named mine !1NPC

Upon giving that command, call a new state (I called mine Use1NPC).

Code: Select all

Rule 1:
-Condition- 
Always
-Action- 
Load circular Route {actiontryselect[wobjectfindnearestbyobjectclass[37]], Pause 3 seconds}

Rule 2:
-Condition- 
Chat: ^[^\[].*(says,|tells you,|gives you).*
-Action- 
{Load empty route, chat: /vt echo Done!, Return From Call}

Rule 3:
-Condition- 
Seconds in State > 60 (or your choice of how long to wait before considering this to be a failed attempt)
-Action- 
{Load empty route, chat: /vt echo Failed to speak to NPC, Return From Call}

Rule 2 will ignore any chat starting with "[", so Allegiance/Fellow/General, etc will NOT trigger the rule. Unfortunately, this WILL react to someone speaking in local chat. Most NPCs will directly "tell you" their conversation, so you could leave out the "says," part. But I put it in for some reason, so I must have run across an NPC somewhere that spoke in open chat. Generally it's quiet enough in most places, even at Monroe in Arwic that you can get a group through the NPC without any local chatter though. Could always create a duplicate rule with only (tells you,|gives you,) and add a Not Landblock condition to Rule 2 if you travel in high chatter areas/servers.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

[Redacted]
Immortalbob of MT