Issues with !fellow command on IB Control/Chaos

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Hotdogface

Issues with !fellow command on IB Control/Chaos

Post #1 »

Hi all,

Im having trouble resolving an issue with my IB control/ Chaos meta and plugin setup.

The issue Im having is that when my leader character says !fellow in area chat It causes all of my other characters to press a series of random keystrokes. They all emote and press random keys. My leader only succeeds in making a fellow if I have the fellowship tab open in the Asherons Call UI.

So it does work but does some strange stuff in the process.

Any tips or similar experiences you can share would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

It's made with chaos helper in mind, if you hit the fellow button it will /t the character you are controlling the command creating a "think" message. Otherwise, in open chat it will cause them all to dance.
Immortalbob of MT

Hotdogface

Post #3 »

Immortalbob wrote:It's made with chaos helper in mind, if you hit the fellow button it will /t the character you are controlling the command creating a "think" message. Otherwise, in open chat it will cause them all to dance.
So what you're saying is that I may be able to resolve this by delivering the command a different way?

Currently my chaos helper sends its commands through /f but if I were to make a /vij channel my bots would receive their commands through that and not in area chat.

I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks Bob!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

You cannot use Virindi Channels for chat commands

Meta will not detect plugin text, Vchannels are plugin text.

There are ways around that, but Virindi has stated that she does not want her server flooded with bot chatter when the AC servers can handle that just fine.