How To: Quickly secure your chat commands

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Dmdtt

Post #11 »

Blu wrote:Hello

I did this per instructions and saved the file. I can see all the commands have my 3 toons listed, but I'm still not able to command the troops alone. Random shouted or /general chats still send my toons to the !mp :(.

Blu
either pm me what you changed the chat message string to, or post it here, either works.

Blu

Post #12 »

Changes were in the file location: C:\libraries\documents\Decal Plugins\Virindi Tank

I edited the ChaosControlv2.met

EVERY command I saw I put the following in for example

^.*(Blumage|Mini Blu|Blu B).* (say|says|tells you), \"!followme\"$

I saved the file, yet others can still command my troops. :( Help

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #13 »

Unlikely to be your issue but you should not install anything in \\Documents. There are read/write permissions that may affect things.

When you load the meta in Vtank do you see your names on all of the commands?

Blu

Post #14 »

No

bradacc

Post #15 »

Only have meta running on one char while making the changes, so the changes don't get overwritten?

Blu

Post #16 »

I a using ChaosControlv2, I tried to download IB but couldn't open it in notepad.

As for running only one toon, if I don't have the meta running on all of them, they won't respond to commands.

The problem is that even after changes, anyone in any tell can send my toons off to goodness knows where if I run the meta.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #17 »

Make sure you're editing the .met file and not some .txt file you accidentally created.
If you aren't seeing the changes after editing in notepad then you need to reload the meta immediately after saving.

If you can't get it to work then just edit the rules in game like you're supposed to.

What brad is saying is that if you have the meta loaded on multiple characters (A B and C) and make changes on A but then make different changes on B or C without reloading first, it will corrupt your meta.

Blu

Post #18 »

HellsWrath wrote:Make sure you're editing the .met file and not some .txt file you accidentally created.
If you aren't seeing the changes after editing in notepad then you need to reload the meta immediately after saving.

If you can't get it to work then just edit the rules in game like you're supposed to.

What brad is saying is that if you have the meta loaded on multiple characters (A B and C) and make changes on A but then make different changes on B or C without reloading first, it will corrupt your meta.

I am editing the .met file and I see the changes after saving.
I don't know how to "Edit the rules in game" as I have been trying to follow the directions both in the help file and here but I guess it just isn't going to work. Thank you all for your time.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #19 »

Go to the meta tab and click a rule. It opens the edit menu for the rule.
Make your changes, hit close
Click the next rule, rinse repeat.

Blu

Post #20 »

WOOT! In game via that meta screen it does NOT show the changes. I'm going to try it "in game" and let you know if it works!