How To: Quickly secure your chat commands

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Immortalbob
Site Admin

How To: Quickly secure your chat commands

Post #1 »

1. Backup your meta file, just in case things go wrong.
2. Open your meta in notepad, you can either right click the meta file and choose open with, or open notepad, and drag the meta file into it.
3. scroll down until your see your first chat command, for example in IBControl it will look like this: ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!sum5b\"$
4. highlight and copy ^.*(You|).*
5. click Edit and choose replace, or hotkey ctrl+h
6. paste previous copy into "Find What"
7. paste again into "Replace With" and add your character names into it between the parenthesis, always separated by a |. Example: ^.*(You|charname1|charname2|charname3|etc).*
8. choose replace all, and click file and save.
Immortalbob of MT

Elements

Post #2 »

I love you so so so much.

OuaF

Post #3 »

Do you know if there is a limit on how many names we can put ?

ty

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

OuaF wrote:Do you know if there is a limit on how many names we can put ?

ty
i havent found one yet
Immortalbob of MT

Fatal Mage

Post #5 »

If you search for ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!sum5b\"$ there is only going to be one of them all the rest have different endings like ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!buff\"$ and ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!follow\"$

So if you copy and paste the whole line to the $ it does not work. I have to just copy and paste ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), and then have it change it to character name and then change all.

Also I did seem to find a limit on maybe not character names but an overall limit on how many letter/characters can be used. Some of my characters names are long like "The Great Googly Moogly" I was unable to change it to let all of my characters give commands I am guessing because of the lengthy names.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Fatal Mage wrote:If you search for ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!sum5b\"$ there is only going to be one of them all the rest have different endings like ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!buff\"$ and ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!follow\"$

So if you copy and paste the whole line to the $ it does not work. I have to just copy and paste ^.*(You|).* (say|says|tells you|think), and then have it change it to character name and then change all.
oops! lemme fix that first post...
Fatal Mage wrote:Also I did seem to find a limit on maybe not character names but an overall limit on how many letter/characters can be used. Some of my characters names are long like "The Great Googly Moogly" I was unable to change it to let all of my characters give commands I am guessing because of the lengthy names.
Interesting, the longest character name i have is:
Cosmic Microwave Background
The Great Googly Moogly

it is longer than yours, and it works...not sure what your issue is... maybe the extra space? dunno
Immortalbob of MT

Joeblow8579

Post #7 »

I figured I'd put a plug here for Notepad++. It's like Notepad, only better in every conceivable way. And its free, as in free beer.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Gilgemesh

Post #8 »

I'm having problems getting this to work.
The .met file is showing all the changes I have made, but upon login it still has all original commands. I have recently came back to AC after a long break so it's possible I am missing something simple, but I thought simply loading a different meta, then changing back to "ChaosControlv2" would then load up the new .met.

At the moment it is impossible to play with multiple accounts due to people spamming chaoscontrol commands in all channels.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

did you forget to save the file? and are you editing the correct file??
Immortalbob of MT

Blu

Post #10 »

Hello

I did this per instructions and saved the file. I can see all the commands have my 3 toons listed, but I'm still not able to command the troops alone. Random shouted or /general chats still send my toons to the !mp :(.

Blu