Scanning for known nearby players

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Cryraos

Scanning for known nearby players

Post #1 »

Is there a way to scan for nearby players?
I'm trying to write a meta to have a guy recall home, then use the /mt give[p] [item] to [target] command to give bags of salvage to whichever mule is online. I'll know all the potential names, but I can't figure out to identify which one is currently online. Is this possible?

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

sadly even with expressions you cannot detect players around you, because of the limited expressions it always just triggers off self. so no you cannot scan with vtank meta for a certain nearby player. an alternate solution is you can /mt give the salvage to your house chest then have you mule loot it. removes the name issues but does add a considerable amount of extra time.

Cryraos

Post #3 »

Ok, would it be possible to have a character say something like "!hi" and then the mules running the meta respond in chat. Could I detect and return the names from the chat window?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Cryraos wrote:Ok, would it be possible to have a character say something like "!hi" and then the mules running the meta respond in chat. Could I detect and return the names from the chat window?
sure, you can send a message upon entering a landblock, and the other character can react upon that message, and send one of his own upon which the first one reacts into a state.
Immortalbob of MT

Cryraos

Post #5 »

Alright, so how can I get the responder's name from the chat window?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

you can react off a chat message and change to a state that works with that responder.
Immortalbob of MT

Xurr

Post #7 »

You could just make a nav file with a a /mt give to each different mule, make it circular with a pause at the end.