First meta attempt; Thoughts to improve?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
bradacc

First meta attempt; Thoughts to improve?

Post #1 »

So here's my first attempt at a meta, using a ton of help from everyone in vigeneral. It is a basic nav route through Mountain Citadel with a recall at the end. I have logic in place so it only buffs at the top of the cycle (no mobs at drop) when needed, and will lifestone recall when packspace is less than 7 free.

So definitely not a whole lot too it, but I think it's time to improve and add in some safety. Twice now I have seen my character at the end of the run trying to sprint through the wall, so somehow he missed the primary portal recall cast. Also I'm thinking I need to add in some logic to make sure I'm in casting mode.

In any event, anyone have thoughts?
Attachments
MountainCitadel.met
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

bradacc

Post #2 »

Probably going to use something along the lines of this to fix the stuck char issue:

Example Two - Using portal space entered to reset seconds in state

Default2 PortalSpace Entered Set Meta State: Default2

Default2 Seconds in State >= 600 Set Meta State: Dead

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Remove the recall from your hunting route and make a separate route for just the recall
Route to bottom, react on landcell or navroute empty to load recall state, after recall switch back to hunting state

hunt -- always -- load embedded nav: RunToEnd
hunt -- landcell == landcell at end -- set meta state: recall

recall -- always -- load embedded nav: Recall
recall -- landcell == landcell at beginning -- set meta state: hunt

bradacc

Post #4 »

Revision#2
Added in landcell== checks at the beginning and end
Added in a check for monsters in range so I don't try to switch to casting mode at end of run unless area is clear
Added in pre-equips of wand/weapon/shield as needed.

If anyone is bored and wants to take a look and provide feedback that'd be awesome. This style of programming is definitely foreign to me. I have a bit of experience with macros from my job (CNC Mill Programmer), but that stuff is reading/writing variables, if/then statements, line jumps, etc. so this feels totally different trying to keep the entire meta state in mind for program flow.
Attachments
MountainCitadel.met
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #5 »

Your buff state has unnecessary steps. Vtank automatically equips a wand and goes in to combat to buff, you don't have to manually do that. Just do NeedtoBuff -- /vt forcebuff.

If you don't want him to buff if he has plenty of time, make that change in your Character Profile for RebuffTimeRemainingSeconds

You don't need to /mt use items to equip, especially since you may already be holding them which would unwield it

Add some type of text to Monster List Matching, such as "Buffing". Assign weapons and shields etc.
Issue "/vt equipitemsfor Buffing" or whatever your text is (sometimes have to issue it a few times, each time you issue it does 1 step in the equip process, go peace, equip weapon etc)

This also makes it easy for any character to use, rather than having to rebuild for everyone you want to run.

bradacc

Post #6 »

Revision #3
I'm really happy with how this is turning out. He doesn't have critter spells so I added in a check for Adja's Boon buff. If it's low at the top of the cycle he jumps into the LifestoneSending state and recalls out of dungeon.
Attachments
MountainCitadel.met
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 252 times