Noob Question regarding navroutes

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
bradacc

Noob Question regarding navroutes

Post #1 »

So I'm trying to learn as much as I can absorb to get my first army going (as soon as accts comes back up) and the first big question I had was how to use 4 of my chars to buff 4 other chars. I was told to use navroutes with "/mt cast[p] [#,name] [on [target]] " style commands delayed between each cast. Each of the 4 chars will have a similar navroute, but casting onto a different name. navroute would be called with a "/f !buddysystem" or some such command. So far so good?

Now I'm thinking of my turn in's and was wondering if this makes sense. In order to keep everyone from trying to turn in all at once I was going to use a "/t" instead of "/f" and one at a time send "/mt give Ice Tachi to Warden" to each char. As long as we are all right next to that warden should work ok correct?

FYI, I thought navroutes were just point to point movements with possibly jumps thrown in so this is pretty foreign. http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/B ... #Route_tab This is what I have been reading.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

bradacc wrote:So I'm trying to learn as much as I can absorb to get my first army going (as soon as accts comes back up) and the first big question I had was how to use 4 of my chars to buff 4 other chars. I was told to use navroutes with "/mt cast[p] [#,name] [on [target]] " style commands delayed between each cast. Each of the 4 chars will have a similar navroute, but casting onto a different name. navroute would be called with a "/f !buddysystem" or some such command. So far so good?
You can have each one load a different nav route by using some sort of qualifier. For example, a special item in the inventory, or an expression that checks character name. (getcharstringprop[1]==character name)

more info on expression functions here.
bradacc wrote:Now I'm thinking of my turn in's and was wondering if this makes sense. In order to keep everyone from trying to turn in all at once I was going to use a "/t" instead of "/f" and one at a time send "/mt give Ice Tachi to Warden" to each char. As long as we are all right next to that warden should work ok correct?
You can do a mixture of both /f and /t. /f command to tell toon 1 to turn in, when he's done he tells toon 2, etc
bradacc wrote:FYI, I thought navroutes were just point to point movements with possibly jumps thrown in so this is pretty foreign. http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/B ... #Route_tab This is what I have been reading.
Nav routes can also have chat commands thrown into them, its on the route tab.
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #3 »

TYM

bradacc

Post #4 »

So I've been working on a cycle to buff a fellow char and got the beginning working with lots of help. I planned on adding in a bunch of dummy casts and then opening in notepad and fixing the names to usable spells but when I tried it hosed the whole file. Is it possible to do any editing outside of AC to fix the spell names or do I have to start over inside the route editor?
Attachments
Chaos_Leader.met
(12.52 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

its really easy to break the nav/meta files by editing in notepad...
Immortalbob of MT