Is there a way to use Virindi Item Tool with a meta?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
vtdt

Is there a way to use Virindi Item Tool with a meta?

Post #1 »

Basically I want to hand items over at a fast rate, I know I can somewhat do this with just running a meta state over and over until an item count in inventory is met but I was wondering if there was a way to control VIT directly?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

nothing listed on the vwiki about it...

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/Virindi_Item_Tool

however @hellswrath might know more than the vwiki, haha
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

not directly no, the only way to use VIT with meta is by using magtools /mt clicks which honestly is not a very foolproof solution.

an alternate solution is to hand the item using a nav route and /mt givep instead of restarting meta state over and over then react to low item count.

yaroz

Post #4 »

You could make up your own little VIT type meta.. I'll see if I have time today to whip up an example.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

I thought about how you could apply expressions to make something like VIT using expressions and magtools /mt give command this is what I came up with, kind of a rough idea, needs a way to vary time between gives also perhaps a max number of items handed over? items handed over would be easy enough just add a counter each time you hand an item but how to set the max number I haven't figured out a good way yet.

Code: Select all

Chat Message: !setItem

ExprAct setvar[ItemName, wobjectgetname[wobjectgetselection[]]]

Chat Message: !setTarget

ExprAct setvar[TargetName, wobjectgetname[wobjectgetselection[]]]

Chat Message: !giveItem

ExprChat \/mt\ give\ +getvar[ItemName]+\ to\ +getvar[TargetName]
if only we could use getvar[ItemName] in a inventory item count then you could set it to stop whenever you run out of the item.

yaroz

Post #6 »

Damn you.. that's exactly what I was going to do. ;)

Dmdtt

Post #7 »

yaroz wrote:Damn you.. that's exactly what I was going to do. ;)
lol mine wouldn't work very well however at least not yet. heh I wish we had a actiontrygiveitem[2] command in meta functions, wouldn't that be awesome? no more magtools requirement for most quests.

yaroz

Post #8 »

Yup.. that'd be awesome.

Plus.. there's no way to set the max or timer without editing the meta..

Dmdtt

Post #9 »

yaroz wrote:Yup.. that'd be awesome.

Plus.. there's no way to set the max or timer without editing the meta..

hmm not quite, you could have it setup like this I suppose

each time it gives an item if a counter is set -1

Expr testvar[Counter]==1

ExprAct setvar[Counter, getvar[Counter]-1]
and once counter reaches 0 and it has been set previously clear and stop meta give

All{Expr testvar[Counter]==1, getvar[Counter]==0}

ExprAct clearvar[Counter]
when you clear counter you also stop the meta. for setting how many times you would type /vt mexec setvar[Counter, #]

Dmdtt

Post #10 »

timer would be similar you could set a timer variable /vt mexec setvar[Timer, 60]

all{Expr testvar[Timer]==1, Expr testvar[StopwatchTimer]==0}

ExprAct setvar[StopwatchTimer, stopwatchcreate[]];stopwatchstart[getvar[StopwatchTimer]]
then when timer=stopwatch clearvars

All{Expr testvar[StopwatchTimer]==1, Expr getvar[Timer]==stopwatchelapsedseconds[getvar[StopwatchTimer]]}

ExprAct clearvar[Timer];clearvar[StopwatchTimer]
Id probably use clearallvars[] and react to Expr testvar[TargetName]==0 to stopping the meta