Need some help modifying meta from repository

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
robbversion1

Need some help modifying meta from repository

Post #1 »

Sorry if I have such a noob problem, first time using metas and run into a problem. I downloaded the Stipend Collection from the Public Repository. I can run the meta just fine, the problem I'm having is modifying it. The meta uses /ah and runs route from there. The route is set for an /ah of Holtburg, but ours is Eastham.

So i've been seeing how to modify the meta to change the Holtburg routes to Eastham...but not sure how to do so. I tried modifying the .met file in notepad and was ok for a bit until the meta was looking for the Town Portal but couldnt find it.

I'm guessing modifying the route in notepad is not the right way I should be doing this. Trying to use the meta tab in VT but cant make much sense of it.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

They are embedded navroutes. You must create a navroute and then go to the meta rule, open it and click "Import from current".
It will import the route from your route tab in to the embedded route.

You can also Export from Current and it will take the embedded navroute and place it in your route tab

Be aware, most people don't name their embedded navroutes, it might show an empty route name, but it will have "(10pts)" or something similar to show that there are waypoints within it.

robbversion1

Post #3 »

Thanks Hell. I was able to import a custom nav route. Luckily the creator named the .navs which made it easier from there.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

My pleasure, glad it was easy for you.