New to Metas - Having issues... please help!

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
I<3Lamp

New to Metas - Having issues... please help!

Post #1 »

Probably dumb questions with an easy answer, but bear with me here, I'm new to this whole meta thing

I tried running a couple metas last night to see how they work, and had some success but also failures. I successfully ran the Colo meta, so wanted to try the society / book of ebihl ones to see how they ran. I used the metas from the public meta depository

When I hit "run macro" for the book of ebhil and typed "!start" in /f, I recalled to Neftet and began running as expected. However once I got in the dungeon, I would run a short distance then stop and do nothing. I would see my screen say "Auto Run On" even though I was standing still. I would then tap my forward key, and I would run a short distance again only to stop. Again I would see "Auto Run On" on my monitor. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm guessing I had some weird setting that needs to be changed to allow my character to run the route accordingly? Anyone know what that is? I have the same issue when trying to create a route for macroing. I'm assuming the Colo meta ran fine as it doesnt involve any running, just click on bells/doors and killing.

Also, when I tried to society Meta and hit "run", I would recall to Sanc and try to use a TN gem, but the gem wouldnt summon. The meta would just repeat different commands to use the portal gem, but it wouldn't work. Thoughts?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Turn your character with camera turning needs to be disabled for navigation to function correctly.
http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... s_wrong.3F

The society meta goes to Sanc to try and summon the portal for your society stronghold, so you must have Society Gems in your inventory for it to summon. Go to your stronghold and purchase them from the mage.

I<3Lamp

Post #3 »

Thanks will try this tonight, hopefully thats the fix for autorun

Also I do have society gems in my inventory, so not sure why thats happening

I<3Lamp

Post #4 »

It worked!

However discovered another issue. My character wont jump when the meta commands it to. Is it another setting issue?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #5 »

It is likely using mag-tools jump commands.

Do you have Mag-Tools loaded in decal?