Questions about rare mob targeting

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
Proximal

Questions about rare mob targeting

Post #1 »

So, I've just gotten into writing metas and I am trying to figure out how I specify only attacking a certain mob and ignoring the others. This is on open landscape and not in a dungeon. I've tried to use the Ralirea, Sing Caul fallen, and even the dye plant metas as examples to deconstruct, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like it is targeting anything specifically. It looks like expressions are used, but I am still trying to understand all of the various ones and how they are used (and how to implement them).

Basically, I wanted to run a Kara route and only target Hoary Mattekars. I can get the meta to recall, run the route, but not specifically target that mob, approach the corpse, then loot it.

Can someone help me understand how the Ralirea meta works? I imagine that is exactly what I need, I just need to modify it to fit this particular meta.

-------------------------

Also, what command would I use to change my state when the world broadcast pops saying a rare was found for my character? I have a meta that is running for some friends that are returning and where we are hunting I'm really tearing through a ton of mobs, so it'd be cool if I could at least loot the rares when they drop instead of stopping the meta to manually search for it.

Sorry for the noobish questions. I've dug through a good bit of this, but I need a little more detailed info.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

What you have done in your meta is pretty much exactly what you need to do, nothing more needs to be added.
Specifying monster attack options isn't done in meta, it is done within your Character Profile Monster List.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... t_Matching

You would uncheck everything on the Default rule then create a Hoary Mattekar rule with A checked and your element/weapon set.

Approach/Attack distance need to be the same to loot corpses at the same range as your attack.
Or alternatively make your Approach higher than your attack so you run up to the monster before attacking
for example

Approach 50
Attack 30

You will detect the monster at a range of 50, run toward it until you hit a range of 30, then attack.

----

There is no need to detect the Rare item spawn text or switch states. You can set Virindi Tank to only loot rare corpses
Advanced Options - Looting - LootOnlyRareCorpses True

As long as your loot profile has a rule to pick up Rares, you will loot them.

Lootsnob has a Rare rule you can use as reference, it is very simple. One line for Icon Underlay.

Turn on Boost Loot Priority to loot the rare corpse as soon as it drops.

----

Make sure you aren't using [Default] or [By char] character setting profiles. You want it to read [Char]profilename.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/B ... undleGuide

Proximal

Post #3 »

Thank you for the quick response.

I messed with the mob profile earlier this morning and it wasn't working correctly. I'll make the recommended changes and save the character profile, then try again.

I knew the other one was something easy.

I'm also having trouble with the prebuilt celdiseth recomp meta, but I'll make a new thread on that subject once I've spent more time understanding my problems.

Thanks again for the help!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

All vtank files are saved as you make changes. There isn't a "Save" button.
When you want to make a new profile you just load [By char] and CopyTo a new name.

Read the Bundle Guide link, it explains profiles.

There is no need to use the pre-built recomp metas.

Virindi Item Tool now has a Comps tab where you input anything you use to recomp. You can make it trigger on vendor open or through chat command. So all that is required for a recomp is to route to the npc and open it - wait - return to hunt.

Mag-Tools requires you to build NPC profiles and place the files in your Mydocuments/Decal/Mag-Tools folder.

Virindi Item Tool is much easier.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... Tool#Comps

Proximal

Post #5 »

The looting of rares doesn't seem to work with the "loot only rare corpses" and "loot priority" enabled.

I'm going to try to relog and see if it works, but so far I've walked past every rare.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

HellsWrath wrote: There is no need to detect the Rare item spawn text or switch states. You can set Virindi Tank to only loot rare corpses
Advanced Options - Looting - LootOnlyRareCorpses True

As long as your loot profile has a rule to pick up Rares, you will loot them.

Lootsnob has a Rare rule you can use as reference, it is very simple. One line for Icon Underlay.

Turn on Boost Loot Priority to loot the rare corpse as soon as it drops.
If you are talking about rare MOBS that is not the same as a Rare drop.

Proximal

Post #7 »

Rare drops off normal mobs. I see the broadcast that it dropped and I keep on moving.

Dmdtt

Post #8 »

Proximal wrote:Rare drops off normal mobs. I see the broadcast that it dropped and I keep on moving.
couple possibilities

1. make sure approach is at least as high as attack distance
2. disable nav priority if it is enabled.
3. make sure you have a loot profile, I suggest lootsnob www.immortalbob.com

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #9 »

Do you still have Looting enabled on your main panel/mini remote?

Looting system needs to be running for LootOnlyRareCorpses to function

It would be different if you were opening the corpse but ignoring the item, you are ignoring the corpse entirely so it is either what Dm stated or looting is turned off.

Proximal

Post #10 »

Dmdtt wrote:
Proximal wrote:Rare drops off normal mobs. I see the broadcast that it dropped and I keep on moving.
couple possibilities

1. make sure approach is at least as high as attack distance
2. disable nav priority if it is enabled.
3. make sure you have a loot profile, I suggest lootsnob http://www.immortalbob.com
The approach was set to 0, so I fixed it. Nav priority is off and I copied the rare line from lootsnob to a loot profile where that is the only line item.

Hopefully this will fix part of the problem, but I suspect hell's comment is where my issues are.
HellsWrath wrote:Do you still have Looting enabled on your main panel/mini remote?

Looting system needs to be running for LootOnlyRareCorpses to function
I do not. When I had it on it was looting every corpse even with the LootOnlyRareCorpses function on. I will try again after work and see if it is still doing it.

Guys, thank you for the help thus far. I know dealing with total noob questions gets old, so I appreciate you helping me work through it.