Vitae detection through expressions?

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
gr8b8m

Vitae detection through expressions?

Post #1 »

Is there a getcharintprop expression for your current vitae penalty? I couldn't find one in the sticky thread, but I'm fairly certain one must exist.

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

currently no I don't believe it is possible through charintprop although there are other methods to finding out if you have vitae. for example on character death ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]+5] then whenever you reduce your vitae by 1 you will be displayed a message for it that you can react off of I can't recall it off hand atm but use chat message "vit message" ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1]

Trigger9008

Post #3 »

The messages he's referring to:

Your experience has reduced your Vitae penalty!

Vitae penalty has expired.

Regex examples:

^Your experience has reduced your Vitae penalty!$

^Vitae penalty has expired\.$
~Trigger9008~

Elements

Post #4 »

Hey there, just registered to the forums but I've been reading since about 2 months ago (when I returned to Asheron's Call). I recently set up my first meta, and I am wondering if there is a way to "/mt logout" when vitae reaches 10% or above. Trying my hardest to decipher Dmdtt's post here, I blindly created 4 rules in an attempt to get this to work.

On Character Death --- ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]+5]

Chat: "Your experience has reduced your Vitae penalty!" --- ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1]

Chat: "Vitae penalty has expired." --- ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1]

Expr setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]+10] --- Chat Command: /mt logout

I'm 99.9% sure this is wrong/incomplete, but am I on the right track? kinda? or is it much more complex?
Last edited by Elements on May 7th, 2015, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

Expr getvar[Vitae]>=10 --- Chat Command: /mt logout

also you want to clear variable when you get expired message

Chat: "Vitae penalty has expired." --- ExprAct clearvar[Vitae]

Elements

Post #6 »

Thank you Dmdtt! I'll give that a go later tonight.
Also tyvm for the public meta on Aun Ralirea. I ran around for an hour before stumbling upon your meta, loaded it up (after some trial and error), went afk for 5min, came back and my guy was at the turn-in NPC with the figurine.

Elements

Post #7 »

Chat: "Your experience has reduced your Vitae penalty!" --- ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1]

Is there a way to make this rule trigger more than once w/out changing states? At the moment, the chat message will set off the ExprAct, but only once, then the rule turns red inside meta config menu.

Everything else works perfectly!

Dmdtt

Post #8 »

Elements wrote:Chat: "Your experience has reduced your Vitae penalty!" --- ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1]

Is there a way to make this rule trigger more than once w/out changing states? At the moment, the chat message will set off the ExprAct, but only once, then the rule turns red inside meta config menu.

Everything else works perfectly!
do an All{ ExprAct setvar[Vitae, getvar[Vitae]-1], Set Meta State: StateName} don't need to change states exactly just refresh it.

Elements

Post #9 »

You rock, thanks.