Capture portion of a chat message to a variable

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
daggeraldude

Capture portion of a chat message to a variable

Post #1 »

Is it possible to capture a portion of a chat message to a variable? Similar to back-reference functionality in regex (\$1\)?

yaroz

Post #2 »

Not currently.. it's an expression that I've asked Virindi to look into.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

If we could do that my char control meta would be cut in half lol.

yaroz

Post #4 »

mine too

daggeraldude

Post #5 »

Well, I guess add me to the list of wanting this functionality, then! Thanks for the replies guys.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Unfortunately even if she added string capture it wouldn't function for plugin text, only AC chat. Unless she specifically adds that feature which is nonexistent atm. Can only react to normal AC text, no plugin text (not even other bundle plugins without doing a message relay dance with VCS)

Sif al Taak

Post #7 »

But AC Chat Capture would be a start to make many things more easy/flexible/shorter....

Virindi is on the right way i think and made us allready happy with the expr features....

I think we could hope and beg her to see the capture stuff in the future ;) Thx V!!!

CrazyTrain

Post #8 »

What about capturing the name of someone who /t's you?
Is that possible to put into a variable?

so instead of replying via /r , it would be by the variable of a characters name that messaged you.

Dmdtt

Post #9 »

currently there is no reasonable way to capture information and use it like you are asking, one possibility is you can build yourself a list of chat message conditions that each match to 1 particular char name each that set a variable. but to do so is obviously quite tedious. personally I have for 2 of my metas a list of rules for char names of members of my alleg so if they ever /t me I make a chat log of anything said to me while I am running those metas. but the extent of what you can do like that is very very limited and time consuming to setup.

CrazyTrain

Post #10 »

Alright, thank you for the info!