Immortalbob
Site Admin

What to do with my forums?

Post #1 »

suggestions?
Immortalbob of MT

Phinius

Post #2 »

Perhaps let things settle down a bit? Then make those decisions.

The site is already known to a fair amount of the player base so possibly post in the sites as a place to chat and keep in touch.

Make a forum where people can post who they were (server/characters) and where they are now (game/server/characters).

Phinius

Post #3 »

I am not sure how much you can customize but I envision a list format to avoid a thread 10 miles long that people need to wade through in order to locate old friends.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Might as well let it ride out the hosting that's already paid for, can debate the costs when the next bill comes :p

either way, keep a backup of it, when AC is back in 10 years I'll want some of these metas again lol.

Goobernut

Post #5 »

i keep coming back to check on things as I know you guys are more switched on than most ...... but sadly I suppose ti will have to die ..... I for one have enjoyed coming here and seeing all the goodness that most people here have shared .... I farted around with the EMOO fatburger .. today (talking in code.. hahaha) it was ok but creepy and lonely .. but still at least something to give a little reminder and a fix :-)

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Thanks goob, and don't worry...some serious headway is being made on your emoo...players captured quit a bit of data in the last month...so far 101million messages were logged...and more logs are still trickling in...

here's the current heatmap of whats logged for sure...

Immortalbob of MT

Goobernut

Post #7 »

That is awesome .... cant tell if someone did a complete circumference of the continent or not .... I've never done it myself and could imaging it would take a heck of a long time ---

Interesting that people liked the center and North West of OB plains as well :-)

cheers mate and looking forward to what ever eventuates

bradacc

Post #8 »

Keep the forums up for now, and let us know when the next bill is due. Until we have a new place to call home I think it'd be too sad to see the official AC forums AND Immortalbob go down.

Goobernut

Post #9 »

I'm up for giving donations to help with hosting cost etc. .. I have donated once before but really should have been donating more regularly