Joeblow8579 wrote:If I recall correctly, it has been beaten with as few as 16 people. Still not close to a regular fellowship of 9, but it gives you an idea of just how ridiculously high the health levels are in there. The fact that three of the monster types are basically immune to physical and war damage (shadows, burun, and tuskers) is the worst kind of half-assed, half-baked, half-finished design Turbine came up with in the last decade of AC.
Dmdtt wrote:...tons have tried ways of running gauntlet faster and faster with a 9 man group and it simply isn't possible in its current state... it simply is not possible to beat gauntlet without the exploit.
Toxotes wrote:I think the key statement here is "in it's current state." Everything I have read online talks about streamlining the fighting process (e.g. selecting the right team, bringing in the correct rares, using the right weapons), but what I haven't read is anyone trying to manipulate the environment. During my search I found one article from an account that was created especially to reply to the topic of "Gauntlet is not broken" This could be a brilliant Troll OR could be legitimate; for the sake of this conversation I wanted to assume it's legitimate to ask the question. Has anyone ever tried to manipulate the Gauntlet environment and not an efficient way to kill spawns?
- When you enter the Gauntlet, their are Society NPCs surrounding the top of the room - I think that this could be relevant because it means that the society is present for the Gauntlet run and help could be given (e.g. Time extension, room spawn reduction, number of gauntlet rooms abbreviated).
- When a Keep is taken, A Global Green Text goes out - Why? Certainly to notify to protect the Keep, but why Global and not Society specific?
- Hold both keeps and have another society attack one then buy ticket
- Hold both keeps and buy ticket and have another society attack it
- Hold no Keep and have Society attack a keep and buy ticket
- Hold no Keep and buy a ticket and have Society attack a keep
- Try entering with vitae
- Try entering as PK
- Try entering with vitae from a PK death during a raid (killed by another faction)
- Try entering with a PK death and an undissolved/looted body during a raid (killed by another faction)
- Try killing a player in Gauntlet (Falatacot Blood magic)
- Try a /die in gauntlet (I remember reading how RB given blood works better)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest